Tires...

Furious10

Does anyone know anything about the Terry's tires? I have searched but found nothing. Must be a Chinese brand.? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

The DOT Code stamped on the sidewall contains a code that can be traced to the manufacturing company and location.

Furious10

Yes...I know they are Chinese (I was being a smart alack). They are Rainier ST and I was really asking about the good, the bad and the ugly. I have read all about them, but mostly from the manufactures viewpoint, (somewhat skewed?). If anyone has any personal experience with them, can you tell me your opinion.

Gary521

Why are you even looking at some off brand of Chinese tires? I realize that's nobody likes to spend money on tires but there are only two or three brands to put on your unit - period.

Jim.Allison

LT's are cheaper and more plentiful. and their ratings although lower are in actuality much higher than STs. Don't believe it, go weigh a set. One is like slippers and the other like boots.

CDN

B and B
LT's are cheaper and more plentiful. and their ratings although lower are in actuality much higher than STs. Don't believe it, go weigh a set. One is like slippers and the other like boots.

Although the Physical weight might be more the way the tire is made will make a difference. Belt location, stiffness, sidewall strength etc are all factors in the weight carrying statistics on a tire. You most likely can go up a weight rating but need to make sure the physical height is the same.

Furious10

Why are you even looking at some off brand of Chinese tires? I realize that's nobody likes to spend money on tires but there are only two or three brands to put on your unit - period.

I'm not looking at them...they came on the Terry Classic V21. I'm not worried about cost; just safety at this point.

Gary521

If cost is not the issue then, if it were me, I would replace them. I have a car trailer. I have blown a few of the off brand ST tires. I got a set of Maxxis for this trailer and the problems have not returned. There are other brands that this forum recommends. LT tires are a good way to proceed also.