To buy or not to buy

GinnyF

Hello! I am brand new to the forum. I haven't even bought a unit yet, but I'm looking at one. If I do buy it, I'll be happy to have a community to interact with because, well, it takes a village.

I am looking at a 2012 Edge M21 this Friday (6/14). I like that it is an older model and reasonably priced which will allow me to have some funds left over to put my stamp on it (decor wise). I've been looking at trailers for several years but am ready to finally pull the trigger and get camping. My concern is all of the 'negative' feedback that is available 'out there'. And, honestly, regardless of the make/model I'm looking at, there's ALWAYS negative feedback. I tend to think that perhaps there's more negative than positive because, like so many things, if all is well, there's no need to say anything.

I'd appreciate any input from owners with an older model, e.g. 2010 - 2015, with input regarding their experience with Heartland trailers, especially with the Edge.

If I move forward, I'm going to try to make it to the rally in Brunswick, GA in the fall. And I look forward to meeting some of you.

Thanks for any and all feedback.

taskswap

Older models tend to have their "bugs" shaken out better than newer models, and be built to higher standards. But their warranties have also expired so keep that in mind. I second David's suggestion of getting it inspected.