To those considering a Heartland Bighorn

DRGalligher

Welcome to the Bighorn family. We bought our 2011 3055RL in August, did numerous shakedown exercises in the driveway followed by a three week actual trip. Had no problems other than a cabinet hinge issue. Other major issues - non existent. No leaks of any kind. Maintained a constant 59 degrees with the thermostat set to 60 during 24 degree weather. Very, very pleased with our unit. Good thing because this is our fifth and last RV.

We have a 2009 Bighorn 3055 and have had to fix approximately 10 plumbing leaks due to improperly installed poly-pipe fitting crimps. The leaks just keep appearing before and after the warranty period, and at this rate I figure we'll need to replace all the factory crimped water joints within the next two years.

We have also had a gremlin leak that shows up at the front right bottom joint where the front cap meets the horizontal deck. It's just below the washer/dryer plumbing hookup - except that the plumbing there is bone dry. We think it's from a faulty cap/roof seal, but we've had it re-done twice by certified mechanics and myself, with no luck.

We are truly disappointed. It's just no fun anymore as I dread when the next leak will come - usually every two months or so.

We also had to spend $400 to repair the swollen plywood that was exposed on the outside bottom edge of the two living room slides. It was noticed, ahem, after the warranty ran out. Heartland knows it's a problem because subsequent Bighorn slides have protective corner caps. They wouldn't cover the repair on this.

We also have had to replace the water heater, the refrigerator door (hinge broke), the propane regulator, and a few other things. Those by themselves aren't Heartland problems as they are components.

We think we got a bad manufacture day.

The Heaslet's
2009 Bighorn 3055RL
Grants Pass, Oregon

rancol01

Randy and Colleen Smith
We ordered a 2011 BH 3670 last March and took delivery in May and have been full timing since and putting approximately 5k miles on the BH. This is our 7th RV but our first Heartland, we've had a couple of minor issues which I've taken care of myself after getting the repair parts mailed to me by Heartland after a simple phone call; and not a single water leak. We've wintered in south Texas where it was unbelievably cold for a couple of weeks (several nights in the low teens with days not getting out of the mid 20's). We insulated the water hose to the BH but other than that no other preparations and we we were one of only a hand full of RVs in a park of about 100 without any frozen pipes. Several much higher end 5th wheels as well as some high dollar motor homes had serious water problems. Needless to say we're happy campers in our BH. We've met a lot of BH owners in our travels since our purchase and all were happy with their units and are extremely proud to be BH owners; you can certainly add us to that list. Several people are seriously looking into upgrading to the BH 3670 since spending time in ours; they just love the floor plan. We chose our BH 3670 after spending some time with friends in their 08 BH 3670. Sorry for rambling, it's late.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We began "most timing" in our Bighorn 3670RL 17 days ago and we love it. No problems. This is our 4th RV and the quality is 300% better than anything we have ever owned. The mega bath is awesome.The insulation of this coach is amazing. The thickness of the ceiling at the vents says it all. We have been experiencing lows in the 30's here and with the fire place on low all night and the furnace set on 68, it hardly ever even comes on. (with dual pane windows).We are very happy Heartland campers. We are shoppers and the quality in these units is amazing. I would highly recommend them.

Last edited: