too low

daynawide

i tow a 2012 northtrail 30QOK that is very low so i moved the spare to the rear bumper.the back would also scrape so i put 5 inch casters on the rear bumper / bikerack never had a problem again. bought at e-trailer and get the ones with rubber over cast. they bolt right on. do not pull out bike rack. might also be called skid wheels. they come in different sizes.

Sumo

Moving the spare tire to the back bumper will make it easier to get to when you have a flat tire.
Notice I said when not if. LOL

caver

I bought my NT back around Christmas and took it out on the maiden voyage yesterday. I too will be removing the under tongue tire carrier and ordering one for the rear bumper.

oldmannj

Is the spare tire carrier a bolt on item or is it permanently attached to the frame??? I have kinda the opposite problem. The rear of my trailrunner is too heavy. I'd like to lighten the rear and increase the tongue weight. Anyone like to sell their tire carrier if you still have it????ED

caver

It's a bolt on unit. I just swapped the dealer provided battery for two Trojan T105's so that should help with tongue weight.