Took delivery of my new Mt Rushmore today

Clark, Can you advise what the outcome on the ref was. I just received my Mt. Rushmore and the ref will only work on gas. I cannot get it to go to electric. The ice maker works and the indicators lights on the front display.

Last edited:

ct0218

My guess would be that there is only one outlet there, and the ice maker is plugged in. Open the service door on the outside, look to your left (a flashlight might help), and you'll probably see one cord plugged into a single outlet, the other coiled and not plugged in. Seems like on a previous trailer I asked the mfg, when on a factory tour, why they didn't put a duplex outlet there and was told that UL didn't want the circuit overloaded by someone plugging in a high current draw item. But, if the factory is installing a fridge and an ice maker then it should be a duplex, and someone on the line should realize that a 2nd outlet is needed - and not just coil the wire and forget it. My dealer forgot to order a few things, and the factory missed a few things too, BUT, this is the one thing that I just don't understand being missed. How can anyone with 2 plugs and 1 outlet not say "hey, this isn't right. We've got to correct this".

Princess Kathleen

It is arriving Thursday night

:D
Yes the GC beat the birth of the granddaughter....We are to pick it up Monday....We just happened to be in the Knoxville area when we received a call from RV for Less. We are soooooo excited, boy the paper trail you have made.....So we are going to Canada in the GC.....
PK