Took Delivery On My New Ram 3500 Today

alex00

Personally, I would love to have the rear cargo camera. That looks great. Is it switched manually to where it overrides the backup camera? I can't see my hitch because of my toolbox.

There is a soft key on the touch screen to pull up the cargo camera. It can be turned on at any speed/direction. When the truck has the cargo camera the backup camera is sent to the rear view mirror. I wish both cameras were fed to the touch screen.

Anytime brother. Look at you, the second day of owning your new rig, you have the good stuff on the truck already and hooked up to your old trailer. Lol. I can't imagine how you would do with the rest of the stuff to be added. Breath in breath out...

Is that your old trailer? Funny how the shirt design has an eagle on it too. Never have seen your old trailer before. That's crazy man.

I just ordered the air compressor kit. I ended up going with the Viair that had the 100% duty cycle. I'm going to pick up some bags soon. I'm debating the sound of the airhorn I want. I'm torn between the fire truck sound and the train.

That's my old bunkhouse. I should get started on an album so you can see it all set up camping. This truck is much taller than my '05, and the hitch sits higher in the bed than my Companion. I lacked bed rail clearance on my old setup. I love the giant eagle on the front of the Jaycos.

DesertThumper

There is a soft key on the touch screen to pull up the cargo camera. It can be turned on at any speed/direction. When the truck has the cargo camera the backup camera is sent to the rear view mirror. I wish both cameras were fed to the touch screen.

I just ordered the air compressor kit. I ended up going with the Viair that had the 100% duty cycle. I'm going to pick up some bags soon. I'm debating the sound of the airhorn I want. I'm torn between the fire truck sound and the train.

That's my old bunkhouse. I should get started on an album so you can see it all set up camping. This truck is much taller than my '05, and the hitch sits higher in the bed than my Companion. I lacked bed rail clearance on my old setup. I love the giant eagle on the front of the Jaycos.

There is a way to do your camera like that. I found a company that allows you to do it but have to purchase their kit and use your current screen. I would have to find it again.

Can't go wrong with the viaair. The fire truck air horn e oils be awesome. I never thought about a fire truck horn. Most of the guys with rigs here has the train horn so I went with that.

Quick tip: the air tank can be mounted on either side of your front cab underneath with a 1 x 12 steel bracket x 2 with hardware which can be mounted on your chassis. I looked everywhere underneath and that was the only place I found feasible. I still need to relocate my tank when I find time. Then the quick connect can be mounted anywhere underneath your step bar.

alex00

There is a way to do your camera like that. I found a company that allows you to do it but have to purchase their kit and use your current screen. I would have to find it again.

Can't go wrong with the viaair. The fire truck air horn e oils be awesome. I never thought about a fire truck horn. Most of the guys with rigs here has the train horn so I went with that.

Quick tip: the air tank can be mounted on either side of your front cab underneath with a 1 x 12 steel bracket x 2 with hardware which can be mounted on your chassis. I looked everywhere underneath and that was the only place I found feasible. I still need to relocate my tank when I find time. Then the quick connect can be mounted anywhere underneath your step bar.

I think I know what company you are talking about. I found them when I was shopping for nav options on the Jeep. The adapter they make for the Ram is pretty slick, but I'm not sure it's worth the money for the camera switch. The other thing I thought about was trying to switch the feed wires, so the cargo camera shows up in the mirror and the reverse camera shows up on the screen. I'm just not sure how much of my electrical warranty I'm willing to void on a brand new truck.

I have to eat some of my earlier words about the usefulness of the cargo camera. Scotty got me thinking, so I folded up the tonneau cover, and sure enough, couldn't see my hitch through the window. The camera will come in handy hitching up when I have the cover on.

These are the two horns I'm thinking about:
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/846-stereo.wav
- The Chief
http://www.wolo-mfg.com/847-852.wav - Siberian Express

Good call on the tank mount. That'll save me some time planning out the system.

emm4273610re

I may have missed the details Alex00, what rear axle ratio did you order? What is your highway RPM? getting ready to order ours, torn between 3.73 and 4.10. Thanks

alex00

I may have missed the details Alex00, what rear axle ratio did you order? What is your highway RPM? getting ready to order ours, torn between 3.73 and 4.10. Thanks

I ordered the 4.10. I haven't paid attention to the highway RPM, but it never sounded like it was screaming. I haven't pulled anything yet (225 miles out of the 500 mile no towing break-in). I got the 4.10 because it allowed for the maximum trailer towing weight, and I live at the base of the Sierras. I have no idea how the 3.73 pulls, but others have posted no complaints

You won't go wrong with either ratio. Heartland doesn't make a trailer heavier than the 3.73 will tow.

BIGBAM

NICE Truck!! Going to look at a couple of 14 RAM 3500 DRW today. Drove one a few weeks back, and really liked it. The Ford maybe GONE!!