Torque 325

Just4play

Hello getting ready to purchase this trailer this weekend and they were telling me with the front cap design that you do not need a slider hitch to pull this with a Short bed truck. So I was planning on going with a B&W companion hitch, no slider. Is this information correct on the front end cap??

Thanks
Gene

pgray

This is what they told us as well. We just purchased the 321 Torque. However for a few extra hundred dollars, we did decide to go with the B&W Sliding hitch. Figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Enjoy your new rig! We were torn between the 325 and 321 but liked the kitchen layout a little more in the 321 and the extra storage outside the bath. Will miss the extra half bath though!

jimtoo

Hi pgray,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There are a lot of folks that did buy the slider hitch just to be safe. You will find that you do not need the slider with the Heartland units because of the design of the front cap.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Jim M

iowaone

Gene
PGray might have it right. I love my regular Companion hitch you won't go wrong with B&W. However I have a couple of dents on my cab so the cap design doesn't protect you completely. When the ground is not level you can easily get in trouble

Just4play

Thank you guys for your feedback this is an awesome forum with tons of good information. I am really looking forward to the 5th wheel. I used to pull my previous with a gooseneck adapter and after reading on this forum ppl say it will void the warranty so decided just to drop in a companion hitch since I am half way set up.

Just4play

Can't you adjust the b&w back? Thought it had a few settings?

QUOTE=iowaone:400279]Gene
PGray might have it right. I love my regular Companion hitch you won't go wrong with B&W. However I have a couple of dents on my cab so the cap design doesn't protect you completely. When the ground is not level you can easily get in trouble[/QUOTE]

Just4play

Thank you very much.. Yeah the extra bath is was sold us on the trailer but like the layout on the 321 also. Really looking forward to my first toyhauler !!

pgray:400270 said:
This is what they told us as well. We just purchased the 321 Torque. However for a few extra hundred dollars, we did decide to go with the B&W Sliding hitch. Figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Enjoy your new rig! We were torn between the 325 and 321 but liked the kitchen layout a little more in the 321 and the extra storage outside the bath. Will miss the extra half bath though!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Thank you very much.. Yeah the extra bath is was sold us on the trailer but like the layout on the 321 also. Really looking forward to my first toyhauler !!

That extra bath really comes in handy, especially if you have kids. Congrats on the new Torque. Awesome looking trailer. Send some pics when you get a chance.

Jamir