Tow max

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've been reading china bomb threads for years and I still cant get that a tire manufacturer has not stepped up and produced a tire that lasts.
They have. Goodyear makes their G614, Maxis and Sailun also make good trailer tires.
There are others but these seem to be the most popular.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The Tow Max STR II must be a new tire. Can't seem to find any reviews of them online. Almost anything would be an improvement over the original STRs.

They are probably the same tire . . .

But just changed the name to make us think they've improved them.

Or maybe the 'II' just means that they were made after a specific date or something.

agpopp

I may order the blowmax to match the other side and when they give me trouble go to the Maxxis. Even the Maxxis have some iffy reviews and the Sailun and G614 are new wheels and a major expense I cant incur right now.
Didn't mean to hijack in any way.

NHCelt

You are so right...I was more worried about getting them to replace at no cost to me...which they did, so I calmed down. The joke was on me, as they replaced them with Duro...which was a small step up, maybe. I honestly think the big issue is the rating system and the road forces applied to already overloaded tires...

I replaced with Goodyear G614 and never had another concern or issue. They were so stout the trailer even towed differently.

Lynn1130

You might want to consider the cost should one of them, including the replacement blow and do $1500 to $3000+ worth of damage to the rig. My damage was $1800. The service manager at the repair shop said I was lucky as they have seen the blown tire totally destroy the flooring above the wheel well causing major damage to the floor, wheel well, inside appliances, on and on. I was also lucky as some high pressure negotiation on my part got me the repair cost back plus most of the cost of new tires (something other than BlowMax). Most others have not been that lucky. My kids tell me I should go into the cost recovery business because I, as Don Henley says in a song, "take to the wall" with these people. Show no quarter.

When they give you trouble, it will be at a major cost. $1500 on replacements or 3000+ on damage and then $1500 in replacement. Not rocket science to me.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I may order the blowmax to match the other side and when they give me trouble go to the Maxxis. Even the Maxxis have some iffy reviews and the Sailun and G614 are new wheels and a major expense I cant incur right now.

Skip the BlowMax tires and get something else.

When they give you trouble, it most likely won't be in your driveway or in front of a Discount Tire store, but most likely out in the middle of nowhere and at the most inopportune moment in time!

I have the Hi-Run's on our Prowler . . . they came well recommended from a trailer maker who does our wheel bearing work . . . and put the BlowMax's that came on our Prowler on our Heartland Trail Runner that we traded in.

The Hi-Run tires are on most new horse trailers that are made . . . and a couple of horses, a load of hay and a trailer are no light duty haul!

And our axle guy puts them on every heavy duty utility trailer that he builds (they are for hauling excavating equipment).

Last edited:

GOTTOYS

Why waste your money. Spend a few more bucks now and you won't be spending more to replace the side of your trailer when they blow out..Don