Tow vehicle question

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You don't need a 1 ton or Diesel to pull that trailer @ 6995 lbs dry weight, GVWR of 8600. A newer 3/4 ton gas truck will work out fine with plenty of buffer zone.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Except a diesel engine is about a $5000 option. Irregardless, I'd still go with the diesel, no matter wether its a Ford, Chevy or Dodge.

I don't know. The sticker on my truck (f350 king ranch) with the diesel was $2000 less than a F150 King Ranch. Go figure. Guess you just need to shop around as the sticker on the F150 was $58000. I know I wouldn't pay that for an F150. Must have a solid gold steering wheel.

APT

You cannot build/configure an F-150 to $58k on Ford's web site. A 3/4 ton diesel will have about $9k higher MSRP new than a 1/2 ton with the largest gas engine, and same equipment, wheelbase, cab, 4x4/2wd, bed length. And the discounts seem to be higher for the half tons.

Anyway, that trailer will be 7500 pounds picked up from the dealer and over 8k loaded for the road. The GM max vortec package has plenty of power, but the payload is still half ton territory, 1200-1800 pounds. A family of 4 or 5, some gear in the bed, and 1000-1200 pounds of tongue weight will probably overload it. So I recommend the 3/4 ton for payload capacity, not wheelbase or power. Diesel options are 8k MSRP alone with the latest emission regulations. Not everyone can afford $45k TV and $25k RV at once.

Bighurt

I don't know. The sticker on my truck (f350 king ranch) with the diesel was $2000 less than a F150 King Ranch. Go figure. Guess you just need to shop around as the sticker on the F150 was $58000. I know I wouldn't pay that for an F150. Must have a solid gold steering wheel.

I see the same thing up here. Wife priced an on the lot F150, sticker was higher than my special order F350...go figure...

NT_in_VA

I want to thank everyone again and let you all know I did buy a new TV, it is a 2011 F250 with the 6.2L. Took the camper out the other day and the truck had no issues what so ever. Couldnt even tell it was back there.