Tow Vehicle

SNOKING

The "death Wobble" is a common problem on both the Ford & Dodges (RAM) 4x4's being that the front axle is a "live" axle, where as the GM is independent suspension. There are several so called "fixes" for the issue so you may want to try the Ford Forums, or do a google search for your specific front end wobble. Of course that still is zero help if your towing over weight. Good luck.

Safe travels. :)

Death Wobble happens at highway speed not going slow as the OP stated.

He should go under it and see if he can turn the front drive line while in 2x4 mode. Then turn it to lock steering each way and repeat.

I think something is going on in the front diff. Could be a front axle U-joint! Chris

Sniper

Death Wobble happens at highway speed not going slow as the OP stated.

He should go under it and see if he can turn the front drive line while in 2x4 mode. Then turn it to lock steering each way and repeat.

I think something is going on in the front diff. Could be a front axle U-joint! Chris
Your probably right. I had an 02 F150 4x4 and every so often after switching from 4x4 back to 2x4 I had to stop and back up to get it to disengage.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We tow with a Dodge 3500 six speed manual outfitted with 19.5 med duty truck tires and wheels.

View attachment 46808

I was a Dodge man for two decades (5 of them) . . . and tried three Fords along the way (one was one of my most favorite vehicles I've ever owned, but all three were bad luck).

I almost cried when my last Dodge rolled away almost two years ago (first two shots just before the new owner drove away with it, and it still holds the spot for my most favorite vehicle I've ever owned out of 41 total) . . . and notice my new 2015 Chevy 2500HD in the background in the second shot:

DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194212486.jpg DodgeLastTime-IMG_20140901_194233999.jpg

TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg NewTruckAtCherryCreek-IMG_20140909_183951592.jpg

The color being the same was purely coincidental . . .

So far . . . Dodge is still my first choice, and this being my first GM truck . . . it is tied for first place so far!

I have to say . . . this 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 is awesome!