Towing over Independence Pass Colorado

Bgthomas

I've driven it, but never towed over it, and I'm looking for advice. As I recall, there's some blind corners and switchbacks.

MTPockets

I've driven it, but never towed over it, and I'm looking for advice. As I recall, there's some blind corners and switchbacks.
I seem to recall last time we drove that road, seeing a sign prohibiting trailers. I definitely would not tow that pass.

brianlajoie

In my experience driving it the road feels like is a generous 1 and a half lanes wide - total. I've seen motor homes on it, but I wouldn't take an RV over that pass, even if you meet the criteria. Currently there is 8 feet of snow with 25 foot drifts on the road.

danemayer

I think we drove 82 from 24 toward Aspen to see the Aspen Trees changing color last Fall. We didn't go all the way and if I remember correctly there are signs about restricted vehicle length.

Diamondjim

Went to visit our son in Snowmass a number of years ago in September, there was a question if we would make it back to Denver in our CAR.
Really glad we were NOT towing!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I saw a sign when we rolled in to Buena Vista to the rally on Thursday that said Independence Pass was closed and is restricted to vehicles less than 35 feet.

We pulled over it a few years back with our old Coachman TT and Dodge Ram 1500 . . .

Lots of hair pin curves and rude drivers who don't like following an RV . . .