Towing Problems 3800 Cyclone

mrhits

Howdy,

I'm pulling a 2007 Cyclone 4012 with a 2008 Dodge Ram 3500. I've got a Curt 20k hitch and a Trail Air Pin box and honestly, I don't even know what chucking is. I have to look behind me to even see if the trailer is there sometimes, the only reason I know its not there is because I keep a hawk eye on my MPG and unfortunately, its always at 9-10 MPG :-(

Jeremy

TNEagle

I pull a 2011 3950 with a 2011 Silverado 3500 HD Dually. Rough bucking & chucking....until...I installed an AirSafe hitch. BIG difference. Just back back from a trip using it and am very satisfied with the change it made in the ride.

gpshemi

I get some chucking but it's tolerable. When I'm feeling flush I'm going to pick up a Mor-ryde. That should solve it.

porthole

Retired
I get some chucking but it's tolerable. When I'm feeling flush I'm going to pick up a Mor-ryde. That should solve it.

Good combo. I had that before we changed trucks. And the Super Glide plate is nicely fitted.
Just so you know, with the MOR/ryde pinbox there are nylon blocks added to the plate that stop the side to side movement. They mount against the rails (pin box)

porthole

Retired
The MOR/ryde pin box is two plates with a rubber shear spring between them. As such it allows 360 degree movement. There is a video of it somewhere on their website.