Towmax Blowout on Cyclone today (Ed and Kathy A)

jbeletti

While we weren't traveling together, Ed and Kathy A, after leaving the NC rally, some distance ahead of us on I-95 S, experienced a TowMax blowout on the front (of 3) axle, off-door-side. My dash cam recorded a video of us passing by.

Here's a still image:

Ed and Kathy - Towmax Blowout.jpg

Here's a video (Lukas LK-9700 dash camera) as we drove by:

Last edited:

Miltp920

Cool, I couldnt tell in the pic. Thanks. After reading about Goodyear standing behind the 4 year old G614, I am amazed. I dont want to have a blow out on my upgraded 12 ply Carlisles RH, but I hope they also would anty up for such a failure. In the future, I may reconsider the G614.

eka217

First Kathe and I would like to thank Lance and Kem for another fabulous rally. It was great seeing all our old friends and meeting new ones. Now on to the blowmax story. As seen in Jims dash cam video it was our first blow out. It took out all the wiring under the large slide on the drivers side. We waited over 5 hrs for GS roadside service. I had already took the tire off and wire tied all the broken wires to the plumbing pipes. After the spare was installed we made it to WM for the night. The next day we got an early start heading for Marco. 20 miles S of Ocala the second blowmax went. Now no spare and another flat and this time it took out the wires to my electric trailer brakes. I made arrangements with a local dealer for 6 G614. He loaned me a used tire so I could get off I95. I did the changes myself and here we sit at another WM until the new ones arrive tomorrow. Special thanks to Mike Rodgers at Heartland, jbeletti, and Walter and Linda for all your help.

jbeletti

Ed - please know how badly Nancy, Walter, Linda and I felt for you and Kathy, especially when all we could do is pass you by. Then the next morning when we heard you had a second blowout - ugh! How devastating for you guys :(

I'm assuming you got all 6 G614s installed and the fitment was good. Am I correct? While not flawless, they are great tires from a great company. You'll love them. Watch your loading, air pressure (110 PSI) and speed and you'll be fine with these.

FiremanBill

I feel your pain, we also had two blowouts on the same trip back in April. Being stranded on the side of the road waiting on someone to come help you is one of the worst feelings there is. Hopefully the rest of your journey was uneventful.