Towmax by Power King – Facts

Miltp920

When I replaced my "2014" blowmax tires I told the tire store I wanted them balanced. He said he had never balanced a trailer tire before, but if I wanted it done, he would do it. He had to glue weights on the rim because one of the wheels needed so much weight. I thought ALL tires needed to be balanced to improve tire wear.

I urge everyone to get their trailer tires balanced.

They do not come balanced from the Heartland factory, and when I had mine done a couple of months ago, they discovered that one of the wheels that came on my 2013 Trail Runner was bent and/or warped!

It is now my spare, but I think I need to see if it can be replaced under warranty since it came from the factory this way!

By the by . . . not a single one of them was balanced, including the bent/warped one!

scottyb

When I replaced my "2014" blowmax tires I told the tire store I wanted them balanced. He said he had never balanced a trailer tire before, but if I wanted it done, he would do it. He had to glue weights on the rim because one of the wheels needed so much weight. I thought ALL tires needed to be balanced to improve tire wear.

That's probably due to the tire. I have mine rotated and balanced about every 6K mi. There should be no reason they couldn't be balanced like any other tire.

I believe in both sets of tires they were overloaded due to having both bikes in the garage and having full tanks in the fresh water and gasoline tank.

Not sure which cyclone you have, but this is the way I run 90% of the time. I carry around 2K in the garage.

donr827

I have also balanced all of my tires. When sitting at a fuel pump at a truck stop I wonder why none of the commercial drivers seem to have balanced wheels on their trailers........Don