TOWMAX Claim denied - Anyone been successful?

Bksvo

I finally got my form letter in the mail today from Dynamic, attached below. Based on the verbage, I highly doubt they have ever paid a claim. Eric at Heartland passed the buck to TBC, who passed it to Dynamic. Dynamic took a month to mail me the letter - they won't say anything on the phone. I wish they would have not wasted my time and just told me up front they wouldn't pay. They did offer to send me a free Towmax tire, as long as I would release them from liability. Nice. I'm guessing noone takes them up on that, because they fail to put any contact information in the letter. I am going to try to get them to send me my tire back, we'll see how they respond to that. I'm deploying in a month, so I only have a little time to be a pain in their side.

This was the second tire in the 4 months of ownership that went bad. TBC paid me on the first, but as soon as there was damage they passed it on to Dynamic. This whole debacle will end up costling me $1200 to replace 6 tires, plus $1000 deductable on the $2700 of damage. I balanced the tires after delivery and installed a TPMS, all in an effort to prevent this kind of thing. Had I known what I was in for, I wouldn't have taken delivery with these things installed.

Very frustrating and disappointing to say the least.:mad:
View attachment Dynamic letter.pdf100_2573.jpg100_2575.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Simply amazing that the tread can completely and cleanly detach like that, apparently following a line around both sides of the tire. Almost looks like it's got an inner tube. Who did their failure analysis, a blind man?

RuralPastor

When will the insanity stop? At what point will people stop buying trailers sold with inadequate tires? Nice that your "claim" was passed to a foreign company. One certainly doesn't have to be an engineer to determine from the pictures (including the undamaged tires) that there was no abuse here. Carry on and enjoy your RV, and may God protect you on your deployment.

DMitch

The trailer manufacturer's should not be putting this junk on thier trailers be it Heartland or any other manufacturer. People could be hurt, raise the price if they have to and put decent tires on these units!

Tumblebug

If you are a member of Sam's Club, I would contact them and see if they might intervene, especially since you are being deployed shortly. Good luck.
JD

Bksvo

Hindsight 20/20, I would not recommend sending the tire to Dynamic for analysis. I think they are more interested in protecting themselves from liability, and I'm having my doubts that they ever intended to deal with integrity. I wish I had just gone straight to USAA (my insurer) and let them go after Dynamic. I would be a month closer to getting it fixed and they could be the pitbull for me.

Bksvo

Great idea about Good Sam, although I think Dynamic would see this as the gateway for a mountain of claims. I'll give it a try, though.

scottyb

Sorry you had to go through this, especially just before getting deployed to serve our country. I feel very fortunate that it only cost me $2200 to replace my tires before my Cyclone ever hit the road. When my technician doing my PDI suggested that I get rid of them as fast as possible, I listened. This has to stop. I hope Heartland is getting all of this.

Bksvo

Eric at Heartland happily let me vent this morning, but I doubt they will do anything about it. I encouraged him that they need to weigh in with their distributor, as their buying power can make things happen. His answer was "I don't see that happening."

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I bought a Cyclone that was less than 2 yrs old with the sidewalls showing the onset of checking. I wasn't happy about spending over $2000 for better tires but I don't think much about them when I put the truck in "D" now!
My guess is that manufacturers will continue to sell with imported tires and offer the better tires as an option. This gives them a "buyer beware" defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wmnmy

Sorry you had to go through this, especially just before getting deployed to serve our country. I feel very fortunate that it only cost me $2200 to replace my tires before my Cyclone ever hit the road. When my technician doing my PDI suggested that I get rid of them as fast as possible, I listened. This has to stop. I hope Heartland is getting all of this.
I hear ya I put about 2000 miles on my tow bombs and all four looked like they were seperating after a 200 mile trip at 55mph I went to big o and got five carlisle tires then went 6000 miles across the united states no problems and they look brand new go figure I didn't feel safe and should have changed them like you at the dealer lol I would have paid extra when I purchased my rig for good safe tires and I'm sure most of us if not all would ...

Wmnmy

I didn't even bother sending them back for the new ones they wanted to give me didn't want the hassle of tryn to get rid of them.