Towmax STR235/75R16 blowout - TP was checked daily

Towmax STR235/75R16 2015 blow out yesterday. TP checked each morning before trave. Must have ran over something in the road. Nothing left of tire to examine since it immediately shredded. Yep need new body parts. Anyone have tips for where to find retail Heartland Elkridge lower body and wheel well shroud parts?

avvidclif

Do a search on this or any other rv group for Towmax tires and you will understand why they are called Blowmax and you should be replacing all of them.

PondSkum

I had a Blowmax blow on Friday morning on my Road Warrior. Tore up the panels pretty good.
f197eaee11da660311a91ea3d46eb090.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sorry you guys are just now finding out that Towmax doesn't have a good rep. If Sailun S637 will fit your rig, replace all your tires with Sailun. Or Goodyear G614.

Oldelevatorman

Call Heartland and then find a good RV body shop! Sorry that happened, are you using tire pressure monitors?

PondSkum

Have only had the rv for a couple months. Tires looked like new. Hadn't really researched tires... now seeing all the posts on them, wish I had changed them sooner...

Abear79

Please replace all 5 blowmaxes. Dynamic tire in Canada start a clam. You at least get 50-60 bucks a tire for replacements. Heartland can give you the number. I think I might have posted it on towmax thread also.

- - - Updated - - -

Have only had the rv for a couple months. Tires looked like new. Hadn't really researched tires... now seeing all the posts on them, wish I had changed them sooner...

Happened to me also. I had 2 blowmax blowouts, one when we where almost to our destination, and one coming home. tore up J wrap and other stuff.

Westwind

If tire manufacturer doesn't help with damage check with your Insurance Company they might help you out, neighbor blew two tires on the way home from Florida and Insurance company paid for damage repair less deductible.

tireman9

I had a Blowmax blow on Friday morning on my Road Warrior. Tore up the panels pretty good.
f197eaee11da660311a91ea3d46eb090.jpg

Looks like belt/tread separation not Run Low sidewall flex. Separations are normally the result of long term (thousands of miles) of high load / high speed /slight low air. i.e. excess heat at belt edges.

PondSkum

Looks like belt/tread separation not Run Low sidewall flex. Separations are normally the result of long term (thousands of miles) of high load / high speed /slight low air. i.e. excess heat at belt edges.

It blew out in one spot on the tire. They have less than 2000 miles on them, and were at proper pressure when I left the house. This happened about 8 miles after we started the trip. The tires look like brand new, but the trailer sat for almost 2 years without moving.