Towmax tires.

GOTTOYS

Hi all 1st post. I have a Cyclone 4014 and 5 of my 6 Towmax tires failed on the last outing (it would have been 6 but it failed on the previous outing). The rig is 18months old. I had 80 psi cold in the tires and the 1st one failed about 120 miles into the trip and the 2nd one 30 miles after that. I pulled the 2 blowouts off and the 3 original remaining tires off when the tire dealer in Blythe pointed out that they were separated. The problem I have is I cannot find a dealer outside of Indiana to handle the warranty. Will Heartland handle the warranty? The damage this time is pretty extensive to both sides of the coach and the insurance adjuster wants to see all of the tires before I do whatever with them. I would also like to hear peoples thoughts on switching to LT tires.
Switch to LT tires! You will never be sorry. The people that oppose them have never run on a set...Trouble free!!!...Don

poosu

On 9/9/13 I wrote on this thread that I had had no problems with my Towmax tires. Just after that we left on a trip around the SE states. Got 150 miles from home with my wife driving and BOOM. The newest (because it was the spare for half of the trips) of the remaining Towmax tires blew. Put the spare on and made it to the campground. Got it to the tire store for replacement. I was pretty amazed by the blown tire and asked the technician if he'd ever seen one like this. He smiled and said they see them all the time, not just on camping trailers, but in cars as well. I've been driving for 56 years and never had a blow out. I guess I've been lucky.

Dean-Pam

Not to beat a dead horse (in this case tire), I felt uneasy with the Towmax tires on my 5er before we started our 3 month tour of the west, leaving from VA. To the best of my knowledge, we had less than 2500 miles on the tires, but due to all the horror stories on the various threads, we decided to replace them. WOW, am I glad we did! The steel belt was coming through the tread on one of the tires and the tire guy doing the install said I should get with the company since this was an obvious defective tire. He said he had never seen the steel belt coming through this much tread still on left on the tire. Thanks for all the candid feed back from the various owners, I am confident you saved me from having an issue on our trip. Be safe and try to stay warm!

kowAlski631

Thank goodness you listened to all the stories. It's not cheap to replace your tires, but better $$ than chancing bad problems on the road in the middle of nowhere.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".