TOWMAX Warranty

HornedToad

About half way home from Bonnaroo I noticed one of my tires was bulging at the crown all the way around. Fortunately we were stopped for lunch and a tire shop was just around the corner. I had them put on my spare and made it home without a problem.

The next day I contacted Olga with Tow Max Warranty Dept and she directed me to a local dealer for an inspection. They determined it was covered by the warranty and I had a new tire mounted the next day. Olga offered to ship me a new tire but I opted to pay the local dealer the $20 difference between the cost of a new tire and the pro rata adjustment on the warranty tire with 4000 miles.

Great service from Tow Max on their warranty, however, this experience made up my mind to invest in the G614's which are highly recommended on this forum.

Tire 1.jpgTire 2.jpg

kowAlski631

Consider yourself very lucky both with your interaction with Olga as well Towmax. We threw up our hands & purchased another brand after our blowout at the end of May.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mbowden,

Be sure to check the psi rating on your wheels, they may not be acceptable for the G614's 110 psi. Maxxis 8008s are good for an 80psi rated wheel. We have more than 20k (nearly 2 years on) and ours are doing great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Olga directed me to the nearest Towmax rep. After the kid was done looking at them he said that was the wrong tire for my trailer. Olga then told me sorry, this is a HL issue.

But it is good that a few get a helping hand from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ladiver

My Cyclone 3100 was delivered on Sat. Upon delivery, I noticed there was already a crack in the sidewall. These will need to be replaced prior to my first outing. I will not replace with TowMax. I am curious if anything could be done for me?

I actually have the G614's on order.

scottyb

My Cyclone 3100 was delivered on Sat. Upon delivery, I noticed there was already a crack in the sidewall. These will need to be replaced prior to my first outing. I will not replace with TowMax. I am curious if anything could be done for me?

Wow! That's lucky. They showed their ugly heads before you left the dealer with them. That's got to be a new record. I would hammer the dealer to give you credit for the Towmax and install something else. This needs to be brought to an end. HL needs to pay attention to all these reports and quit using this crap before someone gets hurt.

danemayer

Indiana to California is a long drive - I wonder if any of these early life failures are caused by the transport drivers.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Indiana to California is a long drive - I wonder if any of these early life failures are caused by the transport drivers.

Dan, on our two recent trips to Indiana, we've seen many transport trucks that seem mismatched to the trailer they are hauling... Often nose high or low, sometimes a truck underrated for the load. I would assume they have to go through the weigh-stations when they haul across state lines, but who knows?

I do know DH asked a transport driver what they do when they have a blowout. He said they call roadside assistance to change the tire, and the dealer is responsible for repair of any damage. I'm not sure what kind of assistance they are getting, but thoughts about all kinds of possible issues crossed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizmary

That is a really good point. If the tires are fickle anyway, and transport trucks are towing at 75mph even though the max speed on the tires is 65- even unloaded that isn't good on them.

If our Cyclone is any indication of how transport treats the trailers, is bet it could definitely impact the lifespan. We had rocks and gravel in our camper so bad that it damaged the slide roller and tore the linoleum-- it was all fixed as per our PDI but still a good indication of how they are treated during shipment.

To be fair, our SOB, also brand new had a few issues that were likely due to a rushed shipment as well so I'm not picking on any one company.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
On occasion I see a few new trailers at Camping World (Katy, Tx) with the spare on them. Last time I had mine in a transporter was driving in and the trailer had its spare on. Though there wasnt any damage to the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Ladiver

It looks like Tredit is taking care of me too.

Even though Heartland is using junk tires, they are using suppliers that seem to be willing to do the right thing and take care of the end customer. Thanks Heartland.

Jeff