Toy-haulers under 36'6" in ACTUAL length?

Do to space restrictions we can't have a rig longer than 36'6". I'm having a hard time finding a toy hauler with an enclosed garage that will fit the bill. Seems like there are quite a few on the market that "should" work, but the published lengths are at best, wishful thinking.

PS I'm aware that the model numbers generally refer to square footage, but what's keeping the mfrs from listing actual length? Should be pretty simple.

Apparently not.

Any suggestions?

Sean

jimtoo

Hi sconnors11,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Have you checked the Heartland RV's web site for dimensions? There are 3 Cyclones and 3 Road Warriors all less than 36'6" in length. The numbers in the model do not necessarily mean anything any more other than a model number.

Check it out and join our family and meet lots of great folks.

Jim M

Vtxkid

I can tell you that the 2011 3010 Cyclone is a 35 foot RV listed by Heartland but it's physical length is actually 36' 8".

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

CrazyCooter

What ever you do, DO NOT trust Heartland's printed specs......many are incorrect.

If you don't want to be screwed after the sale, you must physically measure the unit you are purchasing.

DC10-FE

I have a 2011 3010. The specs say it is 35' 2". I have it on a 36' pad with the hitch slightly (1 or 2") behind the front edge of the pad with about a 4 or 5" space between the back of the trailer and the fence at the back of the pad. This was the main reason I went with this model. The Raptor model I was looking at (300mp), which is almost an identical floor plan, was 4 inches longer at 35' 6". I too was tight on space and I'm glad I went with the Cyclone for many reasons other than the length.

Jim,

I've checked the website, only to be disapointed when going out to actually measure with a tape at a local dealer. That's kind of the reason I posted here. I'm frustrated!