Trail Air Hitch

Prokat140

Ordering a new 3610RE that purchased at Tampa RV show. Was sold over the Montanas. Question: I have towed 35 avion for years and used to the solid hitch. Not sure what the trail air hitch is, but, does anyone have one and is it worth getting for the money over a standard hitch? Thanks from soon to be new Heartland owners Dan and Denise

aatauses

We also ordered ours in 2009 from the same show. I ask a few memebers their opinion on this and most suggest that I get the mor-ride pin instead of the trail air---we have been very happy with their suggestions.
al

DW_Gray

I suppose you really mean to say Trail Air Pin Box. The Trail Air Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box was installed on my Cyclone last August. I have been very please with it. It does what it suppose to. With that said, next time around, I may consider something like the TS3 Air Ride Hitch from TrailerSaver and keep the standard pin box on the trailer. The reason is that the Trail Air Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box hangs really low when not attached to the 5th wheel. Since I don't currently have hydraulic landing gear, it's a long time consuming task to raise the Cyclone up to my hitch. I suppose the MOR/ryde pin box would not have this problem.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Trailair is a Pinbox not a hitch.
I have a Trailair and love it. If I were buying a new pinbox now I would get the Trailair Tri Glide. It works on the chucking and the bounce.
I like the trailair because it takes a lot if not all of the pounding off the front of the trailer. Think, if you hit a dip or bump in the road and don't have the Trailair a lot if not all of the pounding is transferred to the front frame of the fifth wheel. Mor/Ryde is good but it is made more to remove the front to rear chucking.

FWIW
BC

currituck0209

We also have the trail air pinbox, We are very pleased with it, I would not pull another 5er without it. So smooth & no jerkss & clanging.

lwmcguir

Trailair is a Pinbox not a hitch.
I have a Trailair and love it. If I were buying a new Pinbox now I would get the Trailair Tri Glide. It works on the chucking and the bounce.
I like the trailair because it takes a lot if not all of the pounding off the front of the trailer. Think, if you hit a dip or bump in the road and don't have the Trailair a lot if not all of the pounding is transferred to the front frame of the fifth wheel. Mor/Ryde is good but it is made more to remove the front to rear chucking.

FWIW
BC

From an engineering standpoint this really makes sense. We have the 5th Airborne and wouldn't be without some type air cushioned pin box. The roads aren't going to get better so you might as well help reduce the stress on the driver, TV, and coach.

RSIG

I have one on my 09 3670. Just order a 2011 3455RL with another trailair box. Worked well on 9100 mile trip this past summer.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I have the TrailAir Tri Glide. The air ride portion seems to work pretty good. Just watching in the mirror it comforting to see the pin "float"
t
The Tri Glide portion I don't care for and would not buy another one.

porthole

Retired
next time around, I may consider something like the TS3 Air Ride Hitch from TrailerSaver and keep the standard pin box on the trailer. The reason is that the Trail Air Tri Glide Air Ride Pin Box hangs really low when not attached to the 5th wheel. Since I don't currently have hydraulic landing gear, it's a long time consuming task to raise the Cyclone up to my hitch. I suppose the MOR/ryde pin box would not have this problem.

Dave - the TS3 is an air ride - that means you either; a) jack the trailer high enough to overcome the bags expanding or b) dump the air in the hitch.

But either way at least the pin box is staying level.