Trailer lights

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Back some time ago with the most dreaded happened (Dropping the 5er on my truck), the electrical box the wiring for the trailer brakes was in was damaged. I replaced that box today with a little smaller one. The one I replaced was not an outside box and I figured that since I was going to replace it, I would put an outside box on it. I could not get a 4X4 box so I went with a single gang box. All the wiring fit back into it but it was tight.

After getting it all back together, I brought my TV around and checked the lights. All was good except the rear Passenger Side Flashers. After a little investigating and some luck, I found out that the Brown Wire from the TV Connection was loose. I fixed that and everything is good.

My Question is: What are all the wires going to?

Here is my Wire Color Chart. I figured this would be a good bit of info if my lights stopped working in the future. Can anyone give me an idea which goes to where?

Other Wire /// Wire to Truck Plug /// Wire from Trailer Lights //// Remarks
Black w/ Orange Strip/// Black/// Red //// ?
///Brown /// Black//// Right Tail Light
///Red ///Black with Brown Strip//// ?
Blue /// Blue /// Blue //// ?
///Green /// White w/ Green Strip //// ?
///White /// 3 White wires //// ?
///Yellow (Capped) /// None //// No Use

I am not sure that this will load how I put it, but here goes. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Here is my best guess;
Bk/or-Bk/ red = 12v power
br/bk rt lite=running lights
red/bk/br=rt or left turn
blues= brakes
gr/wt/gr=rt or left turn
whites = ground
yellow= back-up lights
All just guessing from experience; a test light will tell for sure. you also should have wires from 12v power to the blue brakes for the breakaway switch.