Trailer . . . What trailer?

JeromyS

Re: Goodbye, old friend . . .

Did you get one of those Anderson quick adjustable hitches? If you did then simply adjust it prior to backing in your driveway (won't hurt the unit to be nose high for those short period of time). I have to do a very similar thing but with my 5ver. Takes a little longer since I have to unhook, adjust, rehook but it solved my issues with only costing me time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: Goodbye, old friend . . .

Did you get one of those Anderson quick adjustable hitches? If you did then simply adjust it prior to backing in your driveway (won't hurt the unit to be nose high for those short period of time). I have to do a very similar thing but with my 5ver. Takes a little longer since I have to unhook, adjust, rehook but it solved my issues with only costing me time.

I looked at those, but would have required me to buy all new WD stuff ($1000), so I ended up getting a longer drop-down.

When I had my old Dodge van I had to back the trailer into the yard until the hitch hit the curb, unhook the trailer and switch to a higher ball mount . . . get the hitch over the curb, then stop and switch back to the adjustable ball mount as the back of the trailer would drag on the ground.

Guess I'm going to have to go back to that routine for now . . . :mad:

Here is a shot of the old adjustable mount that was too short . . .

Newtruckoldhitch-IMG_20140828_134053993.jpg

Also had to replace the wire and plug on the trailer as it wouldn't reach the plug on the back of the new truck with the lower adjustable ball mount