Traveling through tunnel bridge in va. with a cyclone 4100

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Do you mean the Bay Bridge Tunnel at Norfork? Can't say for the 4100 in particular, but several Heartland owners with various brands have been through the tunnel. I don't think the 4100 is an taller than most other toyhaulers.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I have a Landmark 365 with a listed height of 13'3" and have pulled it through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel on several occasions without a problem. Unless your Cyclone is taller than my 365, you should have no problems through that bride/tunnel or any of the other bridge/tunnels in the Hampton Roads area.

jnbhobe

Tractor trailers are 13'6 and I doubt any RV's are over that. As Gus and Keith said a lot of us have been thru them tunnels.

I have a Landmark 365 with a listed height of 13'3" and have pulled it through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel on several occasions without a problem. Unless your Cyclone is taller than my 365, you should have no problems through that bride/tunnel or any of the other bridge/tunnels in the Hampton Roads area.

Thanks that is the same height as my 4100 13'3" the tunnel specs are 13'6"

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
My Bighorn is 13'2" and allowing for bounce and road irregularities, I won't go under anything less than 13'6". Trace

danemayer

Looking at the specs for the trailer is a starting point. Better to hitch up to the truck and go to a level location. Then measure the actual height. The front air conditioner is typically the highest point. I think the height spec assumes a low-profile air conditioner.

Also, if the trailer is nose high while hitched, your actual height will be higher than the spec.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Looking at the specs for the trailer is a starting point. Better to hitch up to the truck and go to a level location. Then measure the actual height. The front air conditioner is typically the highest point. I think the height spec assumes a low-profile air conditioner.

Also, if the trailer is nose high while hitched, your actual height will be higher than the spec.

Our rig is higher than spec by almost 4" at 13' 3" and we're sitting as level as possible with our setup...
e2afd8d9f7fac1bc2695b7ed24411433.jpg

Roadside Rest just north of Rapid City SD '15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I'll measure mine and ensure that its not higher than the 13'3" spec that is on my spec sheet. I feel a lot better now knowing that others have went through with the same spec.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
On our way to the VA rally a few years back, we went through one of the shorter bridge/tunnels. Can't remember what rt we were on. But they also had propane restrictions and we had to stop and get inspected.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
On our way to the VA rally a few years back, we went through one of the shorter bridge/tunnels. Can't remember what rt we were on. But they also had propane restrictions and we had to stop and get inspected.

That is true JWalker. All of the bridge tunnels in the Hampton Roads area including the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel require you to have your propane turned off. Depending who is on duty at the time, they may or may not require you to get out of the truck and prove the tanks are off.

If you ever have occasion to go on 695 around Baltimore, it's a bit different. They do not allow any vehicle with propane to go through their tunnel, whether it is off or not. You must go around the beltway and not use the tunnel.