Trim caulking has separated

rick_debbie_gallant

And who says rv'ing cant be educational? I was wondering, do the balls freeze off a brass monkey in warmer climates or is that something that happens up here in the cold country.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rick, how many people know what a brass monkey is??? Much less the balls.
Or so the rumor goes.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
How did we get from caulking to brass monkeys and balls?? As far as I know (except across the pond) the right side (starboard) is the passenger side no matter where you are standing. The left (port) side is the drivers side no matter where you are standing. At least it is in cars and trucks.

Sandpirate69

Brass Monkey: 40-ounce bottle of malt liquor that has been consumed to the top of the label and then filled with orange juice (Alternate) to the one made with the different liquors. Thought I throw that in there in the event someone forgot. Just like left side or right side. John thanks for the attachment. I used DAP, because I saw that my dealer also sells it. I don't have any RV shops close to me to get Dicor, eventhough I have the Dicor roof wash & roof protection. This is the best forum i've ever been on. Great sense of humor. It takes more muscles to make a frown than it does to smile ! :p:p

traveler44

I still don't see why you guys want to use the same caulk that the manufacturer used and keeps cracking. Just seems like a waste of time to me. I use the 3M 5200 marine caulk on the verticle seams and am very happy with the results from it. I know it costs more but I figure the time saved by not haveing to recaulk because the old caulk failed is worth something to me. I've heard that some people don't use it because it is considered a permanent caulk but that is why I use it. Tom M.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I still don't see why you guys want to use the same caulk that the manufacturer used and keeps cracking. Just seems like a waste of time to me. I use the 3M 5200 marine caulk on the verticle seams and am very happy with the results from it. I know it costs more but I figure the time saved by not haveing to recaulk because the old caulk failed is worth something to me. I've heard that some people don't use it because it is considered a permanent caulk but that is why I use it. Tom M.

Heck, last summer when I reattached the trim along the bottom of the slides after capping them, I used some Window/Door Caulk I bought for the house. Still white and still there. Methinks I'll get some Eternabond tape for the roof seams and be done with it for as long as I'm going to have the rig.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

This is a one-part polyurethane adhesive sealant and a very good option. Usually under $9.00 at most retailers. I don't use it because it doesn't come in gray. It does come in White, Black, Tan, and Mahogany