Triple flexguard

jtjt

I have an 2011 heartland caliber. On the slidout there is a triple Flexguard that hold all the wires up. The flexguard broke 3 times in the pass 5 months. Is there any other way to hold the wires up when you open the slidout so the triple flexguard will not brake.

jtjt

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jtjt, is the flexguard breaking at the point it attaches to the frame? That is the common location I've heard of. Everyone I know used a door hinge to repair the OEM piece. Just use 3/16 pop rivets to attach the flex to the hinge and self drilling screws to attach the hinge to the frame.

HappyKayakers

If the FlexGuard just isn't working for you, try cable ties. I've used them under 2 different slides. I got rid of the flexguard entirely under the kitchen slide and used the cable ties wrapped loosely around the slideout arms. I watched those wires very closely the first few times I moved the slide to make sure nothing was binding or getting caught somewhere. Under the super slide, I also used a hinge on the end of the flexguard. At some point, that flexguard also broke in the middle. I drilled some holes in the edges, then ran more cable ties through - no problems.