Trouble with air conditioner

Has anyone else out there had trouble with their air conditioner being effective enough? We bought a brand new landmark key largo last spring, and from day one, the air conditioner just can't keep the trailer cool. (80+ outside means 85 or more inside the unit!)
We've had no success getting the manufacturers attention, let alone a fix. Any suggestions?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You should be able to maintain approx 20 below ambient temp with both AC units running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There have been some issues with the 'whisper quiet' AC systems. If yours is not working right get ahold of warranty server.

danemayer

We've had no success getting the manufacturers attention, let alone a fix. Any suggestions?

The warranty process is to take the rig to your dealer to get it fixed.

If there's a problem with the A/C unit, the dealer will contact Dometic on your behalf to get authorization for warranty repair. If you call Dometic directly, they will tell you to take it to your dealer for service.

If the problem is with the ducting, Heartland would authorize the warranty repair. But an authorized servicer would have to make a determination that there's a problem with the ducting.

On these large coaches, it can be difficult to cool the units when it's hot and humid. We have an owner-written Heating and Cooling Guide that has some tips on how to maximize what you have.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
By warranty server you mean Dometic?

No what I was suggesting is you contact a servicer ... i.e. someone who could come to you and look at the AC. If you have a digital thermometer you can point it at the cool air vent and see how cold the air is coming into the coach. If it is in the 50-60 degree range you probably are doing as good as the AC will do. You can also look at the first and last vents on the cold air side and I bet you will find there is no termination at that point and the cold air will continue into the front and rear caps. We blocked ours off at the last vents in the front and back to keep the cold air from going past the last outlet into the front and rear caps. It really increased the flow.