Truck Bed Liner Question

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Rhino in the past seems to have the worst fad. That is something I can not get over. Best liner I have used is Super Liner. Extremely strong and fad was almost none. My last pickup had Line X and it was a noticeable fad around the tool box as it provided shade. May try Toff this time around, their thin high pressure and not the thick as those do chip easy. Also going to do color match as I have had good luck with doing that in the past.

Gary521

I had Line X in my last truck and it worked great after 9 years. When I replaced the truck, I decided to save a few bucks with a self applied spray liner. I did this as I do not give the bed a lot of abuse. I looked at every known brand before making my decision. I went with Al's Liner. It was easy to prep the bed and easy to apply. It look great and wears great.

brianharrison

Years ago while researching bed liners I found the two lines (Rhino and Line-X) used different application techniques. Rhino used a low pressure application system, while Line-X used a higher pressure, with heating, application system. The result was, at that time, the Rhino was applied in a thicker finished product, while Line-X was a thinner finished product. I chose the Line-X at the time as I was planning the Reese signature series and was concerned the thicker Rhino may impede the hitch mounting system (I have sinced determined that this is not a factor for the hitch).

As well, Line-X at the time offered a paint coloring to match the truck with a UV coating to prevent paint fade. A couple extra bucks but I have a Line-X color matched bed liner that I like very much.....

Hope this helps,
Brian

porthole

Retired
Had a Rhino in the GMC. Mine as well as a friend had ours done the same time, two different distributors. I usually had some type of bed cover on when not towing.
The Rhino will fade. Prep is important. My truck was prepped for about3.5 hours, sprayed in 15 minutes and then out the door in another 30.
My buddies truck took two hours total. And it showed over the years with the liner peeling.

I have the Ford factory liner now. If I were to order a new Ford I would not get the factory stuff and add the Rhino later. The Rhino was much easier on the knees when crawling around the truck. Price is about the same.

BTW, if you go on the Rhino website there is usally some type of coupon you can apply for, from $25 off up to free install. I got a $50 coupon twice (my motorcycle trailer is Rhino'd)

CeeCee

Thanks everyone for your very informative info. We also have the B&W Companion Hitch so I guess we will have to see how that works with the spray liners. Anyone have that type of 5th wheel hitch with the Rhino or LineX?

scottyb

Thanks everyone for your very informative info. We also have the B&W Companion Hitch so I guess we will have to see how that works with the spray liners. Anyone have that type of 5th wheel hitch with the Rhino or LineX?

I have a B&W Companion hitch with a Rhino liner. It works great. Possibly even better than sitting on the bare metal.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The LineX people here also sell B&W hitches. I had them cut and drill for the hitch and also install a 7 pin plug inside the bed prior to spraying. The Companion locks down just fine with LineX.