Truck tires work on Fuel 250?

mostwink

We have a fuel 250. Thinking of replacing the tires with truck tires. Need to know the width of the factory wheels. local dealer has no idea and can't find info in user manual.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That width number should be molded into the rim. Look at the backside of the rim.
Why would you want to put truck tires on?

Peace
Dave

hoefler

You get the same size tire as the ST tires. IMO, I think that is one of the best decisions you could make changing to LT tires. I have actually gone to MT tires and my wheel and tire issues are gone.

mostwink

We have a fuel 250. Thinking of replacing the tires with truck tires. Need to know the width of the factory wheels. local dealer has no idea and can't find info in user manual.
We
That width number should be molded into the rim. Look at the backside of the rim.
Why would you want to put truck tires on?

Peace
Dave
We were trying to find the size without removing the tire. Contacted Tred. The rims are 6" wide and won't support a truck tire, which needs 6.5". Wanted truck tires as they are more durable than trailer tires.

NYSUPstater

I have Michelin XPS Rib on my unit.235/85/16
You don't hear that very often about Mich now days. Most are saying either GY Endurance or Sailun. Another brand or so is BFG. On our old 5er ('05 Cedar Creek), went w/ an off brand made by a big name brand and the held up very well. Then again, they were LT tires. Now, with our '18 BC, it came w/ Sailun's and have been very satisfied w/ them. Am considering them again next year as time says they need to go bye-bye. I will say tho, that I've heard nothing but GLOWING reports on the Mich Ribs.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have been running Goodyear G614 or Sailuns. They both recommend 6.5" rims. My wheels are 6".
And I agree Michalin Ribs have good reviews.

We

We were trying to find the size without removing the tire. Contacted Tred. The rims are 6" wide and won't support a truck tire, which needs 6.5". Wanted truck tires as they are more durable than trailer tires.
Peace
Dave