Trying to find a wheel

gotdiesel15

Hello folks

Does anyone know where I might find this wheel? It is a 16” 8 lug for my 2014 Bighorn 3585RL. This one has a pinhole leak on the inside of the rim.

I have checked many retailers but I haven’t been able to find the exact wheel. Do you think Heartland might have any wheels from 2014?

Cheers
Gregg

Attachments

• IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

SLO

It doesn’t appear Tredit has your style any more. On my 2016 Bighorn I had three different wheels have pin hole leaks and Tredit finally replaced all four of them with a different style wheel. I am the original owner though (can’t remember if that makes a difference though). No problem with new wheels in 2 1/2 years but I did lower pressure to 100# after weighing each axle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

Here is an old thread on the same subject. I believe my 2009 Bighorn uses the same Sendel (brand) wheel. There is a Google search for the wheel in the first post on the thread. I also had a cracked one replaced by Tredit, but they may no longer do this.

gotdiesel15

Thanks for the replies.

As I am not the original owner it is likely the wheel is not under warranty.

That doesn’t really matter to me, but I would be willing to pay for a matching rim. I will reach out to Tredit and Sendel to see if they can help me out. I have searched for hours but can’t find a exact match.

Gregg

david-steph2018

centerline

Ive seen many aluminum wheels that leak... you can buy crack detector fluid at a welding store and check to see if its a crack or just a pin hole.... pinholes can be repaired with silicone on the inside of the wheel, or by welding on the inside of the wheel.... and if cracked it should be replaced....

heartland used (maybe still) SENDEL wheels, so if you were to check the SENDEL line up, you may be able to match up the wheel you need.... I went thru this a couple years ago, but for a 7 spoke style of wheel.... amazon is a LOT cheaper than heartland...

donr827

When I had a cracked wheel Tredit replaced the wheel, but they did not have an exact match. I ended up buying a second wheel from Tredit so that I would have a perfect match on one side of the trailer. No one ever noticed the difference.

gotdiesel15

Thanks folks for all your replies. Much appreciated.

I did contact some of the salvage yards listed but no luck. Also struck out at Tredit and Sendel.

Good news though, one of the members on here reached out to me this week with a used matching wheel. I will purchase it from him and likely have the pinhole on my existing wheel welded by a wheel repair shop.

Cheers
Gregg

sjandbj

Hello folks

Does anyone know where I might find this wheel? It is a 16” 8 lug for my 2014 Bighorn 3585RL. This one has a pinhole leak on the inside of the rim.

I have checked many retailers but I haven’t been able to find the exact wheel. Do you think Heartland might have any wheels from 2014?

Cheers
Gregg
I do not have one that matches yours but I do have a set of 4 that I just took off my 2015 Big Country. I would bet that I what I would take for all four would be less than a dealer would want for one.

Steve

wdk450

If the wheels in question are all aluminum, the old ones have scrap metal value. I think I got about $35 for one of my old leaking wheels. BTW, keep your original trailer bill of sale as proof needed for the lifetime warranty from Tredit tire.