TV audio was not great before - Getting worse. Please advise......

Sarge

55" Summit in 362RW - Audio has never been that great -

Now slowly getting worse. Have to be above 80 (1-100) on volume to hear it.

TV issue since they are internally mounted within the unit...? I wouldnt think it could be install/wiring related.....

Thanx, Sarge

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've never heard of that brand name . . .

If you are still under warranty I'd contact your dealer or Heartland directly to get it covered under warranty.

Otherwise, I'd just replace it with a good brand name.

We have four Vizio flat screens . . . two in the house and two in the Prowler

I've tried several other brands and returned them all.

danemayer

Any correlation to warmer weather? I can barely hear the TV over the air conditioner and usually have to use headphones.

Of course DW and I probably spend 1/2 of our conversations saying "what?".

LBR

Our CY came with 3 Summit TVs, but all work fine.....even in regards to the volume not needing to be set too high for regular viewing. I can't think of anything in the volume menu to adjust offhand, but you might check your settings if you haven't done so yet.

avvidclif

Mine also has an off brand TV, Jensen. The "surround sound" only worked when playing a DVD. Regular and Sat TV came from the speakers and was barely audible. I added a Vizio 38" 5.1 Sound Bar and now can rattle windows with ease. The built-in sound system is disconnected. The Sony DVD player/surround sound amp ($100 at Wally World) was also dumped for a Blue-Ray player. Now I have good audio both ways. If I could find a good tuner/amp that would fit in the hole I would use it but they don't make one less than abt 19" wide, Grrr. If anyone knows of one let me know.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I run a wire from the headphone jack of the TV to the AUX input on the Furrion stereo system so that I can play the TV through the ceiling (which I have replaced with good ones) and the outside speakers.

I also have a Sony boom box with a built-in subwoofer that I can 'Y' out from the headphone jack to give me what I call "poor man's surround sound".