TV in Key Largo

Camper51

I just had a 2013 Key Largo delivered. We are unable to figure out how to pull the TV out away from the wall. It has a swivel extension arm, but we don't know how to release it. Can anyone help? We need to get to the connections for hooking up the satellite.

jbeletti

Are you talking about the living room or bedroom TV? To my knowledge, the living room TV is stationary. The bedroom TV is on an articulating mount. I have moved ours just to inspect wiring behind it. To do so, I unbuckle the 2 straps and pull straight out on the TV. No lock on ours. If there was a lock on the mount, we would not have straps on the TV for travel.

Maybe you have a slightly different setup. Ours was built in early February.

Curious, if you're taking about the bedroom TV, where are you watching the TV from that you'd want to pull it outward and swivel it around?

Jim

camr

On another forum I read about a mount that had two small chains, like keychains, hanging behind the tv. Both chains had to be pulled down (requiring both hands) at the same time as the bottom of the tv was pulled away from the wall (needing that third hand that always seems to be required any time we do work on our trailers). The awkwardness of the whole procedure made the member feel he was on Candid Camera. Try looking up from under the tv to see if there are a couple of chains to pull down.
-Cam

danemayer

There have been some recent threads describing how to remove the molding around the TV so as to gain access for cabling. This applies to TVs that are fixed in place.

Texas-Gal

Glad to see this post. We have a 2013 Key Largo and were trying to figure out whether or not the living room TV was stationary or if it would pull ut and turn a little so it was more viewable to people on the couch. Now I know that I still don't know if it does or not! LOL Some of the online photos look as if it does. We didn't get any real documentation on the issue!

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
The outdoor TV in our unit has a "lock" and it also has straps. I can't remember how we finally got it to release and swivel as it was hard to do and I was afraid we were going to break something. Hopefully someone hear has a better answer for you.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Camper 51 - Our 2012 KL has a bar across the top of the TV, that is held in place with 2 screws. Removing those screws "frees the bar up" but it will not come out. Push the bar in and the TV is free to be lifted straight up so you can get to the connections. The mounting does not swivel

Good Luck !;)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The LR TV I believe is the same in all KLs and have a none moving mount.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2