TV Sound thru Speaker System

lsomers

We have a new 3055RL Bighorn with a 26" Jensen TV and a Samsung DVD with home theater system (ceiling speakers in living and bedrooms). How do you get the TV broadcast sound channeled through the speakers? My husband wanted to listen to a favorite TV program in the bedroom where he was confined, and we went batty reading the instruction manuals, all to no avail. Does anybody have some insights?

Chuck Richard

Hi Isomers,

I had the same problem and have seen others on the forum also. In my case the factory had the cables plugged in to the wrong jacks on the TV. I would check that after making sure the DVD is in the AUX setting. You also will find you can not turn off the TV sound and only send to the Samsung. What you have to do is change a setting in the menu on how the speakers mute. I am going by memory but think you select main. Then you can hit the mute button and the TV speakers will shut off. I tried with both on but there was a bad echo because of the delay going through the surround. Hope this helps, it did for me though I got tired of the MUTE box on the display and hooked up mySatelite radio to the player instead.

Jimmyt5

Check for audio output RCA jacks on TV. Run them to input on Surround Player..
I have OLivea and they all work different, but same principle.

Bill&Pat

On the same idea we have a North Trail 21 FBS it did not come with a tv But we installed a 26 LCD does anybody know if we can hook into the ceiling speakers that the trailer offers including the outside speakers ??

Thanks

cmart

I gave up a long time ago. I've got pretty speakers on the ceiling and supposedly a woofer behind the fireplace, but I've to yet heard one sound from any of them.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Be sure and check the surround sound at the dealer before leaving. Mine was hooked up wrong. The audio out from the TV needs to go to the AUX audio in on the Surround Sound. There is also an adjustment of volume for each of the speakers. I had to play with the adjustments to get them working and once you do it really sounds good.

BobSue

Yes, be sure to double check all that wiring.

The Samsung DVD unit in our BH had a neat "speaker check" feature.

It generated a white noise and rotated it through each speaker in turn. Became obvious really quickly which speakers were not working.

Found that the wired had come loose from the quick connectors on the back of DVD player.

5 minutes with a screw driver and I had great sound.