TV winter storage

rpotter

Do most take their TV's inside when putting their 5th wheel away in sub zero temperatures? I am not even sure with the mountings if that is even possible. With 3 tv's, outside, family room, bedroom I just don't want to ruin any.

Jim-Lynn

I all my 5th wheels & trailers I do not take the TV's out. Just let them warn up prior to turning them on. I was told by the dealer, LEAVE THEM IN, as they do not remove the TV in any inventory they have on their lot.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After leaving them in and having them stolen from storage, I remove them and anything else of value and put a sign on the door that there isn't anything left inside worth taking.

Other than that, the manuals (Jensen's at least) just say to let them warm up above 35 or 40 degrees before putting power to them.

rpotter

Ok thanks. Since I have un-heated inside storage I will leave them in. Gets very cold but security isn't an issue.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I leave our TV's in our trailer . . . never take them out!

Our trailer is plugged in and ready to use while it is parked!

We store our Trail Runner in our side yard and use it frequently as an extra bedroom when we have company, or when we just want to get away from it all without getting away from it all!

We call that 'pretend camping'!

I often go out to the trailer after Cathy has gone to sleep and I want to stay up late and watch a movie as our days off from work are not the same . . .

Matter of fact . . . I'm on my weekend right now, and I might just go out there tomorrow night and have a movie-a-thon!

CamperInYard-IMG_0069.jpg

Heck . . . I might just go out there right now!

Kbvols

We have a cabin which is only heated by wood so it gets pretty cold when not in use. I have had the same TV now for 5 years and the cold has not affected it. I usually wait until it gets up to 45 to 50 degrees until I turn on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well . . . I didn't go out there last night . . . but I might tonight!