ultra-fab stabilizer struts question

szewczyk_john

I purchased a full set of these off a member who downsized over the winter. I installed them two weeks ago and used them for the Martinsville race. We still had some movement in the trailer. I noticed that one other person when setting up would level their trailer and tighten down their T-handlers and then bump the landing gear again. I meant to speak to this person but I never saw them outside of their trailer and they were gone by the time I got back from the truck race that night. since I bout them used I did not get any instruction or installation manuals. I believe them to be the ultra-fab struts but I do not think that the instructions would be any different than strong arms or any other stabilizers. It was better than not having any but I am wondering if it can get even better.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bumping the landing gear up after the struts have been tightened is not recommended. If installed properly, they should be as stiff as they'll get once you're level and then tighten them.
They cut down a lot of the movement, but not all.

If all you have are the two front jacks and the rear stabilizer, a trick was to find level with the front jacks and then drop it 3/4", set the rear stabilizers down and then raise the front back to level. After that, secure the Ultra-Fabs.

szewczyk_john

I have 6 stabilizer bars and they have removed ton of play but not all of it. I just happened to be out when this other owner was setting up his unit manning the BBQ grill. I watched his routine just to kill time. I never saw the guy outside of his unit to ask him about that procedure so I thought I would ask in this forum since I did not get instructions. I am still very pleased with what I have.