Under bed storage...

noobee

I modified the frame & hung wire mesh baskets...

CS

BTW: I was able to hang the baskets on both sides... 2 baskets per each side... it was tigher on the right side but the baskets were flexible enough to fit.

CS

ChangingPlaces

Re: Under bed storage...

Hi Bob, We have a 2011 2950 Big Country of which we collected July 2010 and we created our under bed storage with 4 wire baskets.
Under our bed, we found that 3/4 of the right hand side was clear so we were able to put in two baskets side by side.Under bed stroage.JPGCheers Paul

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Awesome! Isn't it nice to have that space! We keep extra blankets, sheets, and pillows in there!

I've been trying to figure out what I'd store under the bed. The Landmark has a pretty deep under bed storage area. Since I'm a blanket/pillow fanatic, that'll be perfect! Thanks for the idea!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've been trying to figure out what I'd store under the bed. The Landmark has a pretty deep under bed storage area. Since I'm a blanket/pillow fanatic, that'll be perfect! Thanks for the idea!

Underbed storage tends to differ amongst the floorplans and rigs. Depends on the type of slide mechanism, too. But another mod to consider, to make moving the mattress around easier, is to put tile or a sheet of linoleum on the plywood under the mattress. Makes making up the bed much easier, especially if you have the king bed.

View attachment 18050.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Underbed storage tends to differ amongst the floorplans and rigs. Depends on the type of slide mechanism, too. But another mod to consider, to make moving the mattress around easier, is to put tile or a sheet of linoleum on the plywood under the mattress. Makes making up the bed much easier, especially if you have the king bed.

View attachment 18050.

We did this also and the difference is incredible. Used to fight the mattress to get the bottom sheets on, but now a quick slide and it's done!

traveler44

Did you guy already have hinged beds and hydraulic pistons?

I hinged my panel (Cyclone) and haven't found the right combination of piston length and capacity and proper mounting point. I have ripped the pistons out and pushed the bed framing out already trying to find the right spot.
The Bighorn had the lift cylinders from the factory. I had to cut some clearance in the paneling under the mattress so that the paneling would clear the lift cylinders when I raised it from the bottom. I propped the paneling up and ran the slide in and out to see how much room I had for storage tubs without interfering with the slide mechanism. I just thought I should clarify that the lift cylinders don't lift the panel that lays on the frame, they lift the plywood that the mattress rests on. Then you have to raise the panel by hand for access to the area underneath-- inside the bed frame.

Last edited:

dbbls59

Our 2012 Big Country has cable operated slide in the bed room. Much more storage under the bed.

GatoGordo

Wow! Great idea! I'll mention this to my better half. I can sure understand how this would help.
:rolleyes:I guess this is another flat forehead moment. (That is when you slap your forehead and say "Why didn't I think of that!!")