Under slide cable guides

DBrade

Hi all! This is my first attempt at forumns of any sort so if I break protocol please be understanding. I have a 2006 Big Country that has taken us through thick and thin. This is our 3rd fifth wheel and by far the best, in most respects. My question today is, under the main room slides there is a plastic flat bar that keeps the electrical harness from hanging and dragging. Where in the world can I find those things (or a better quality replacement)? I've had both sides break off at the swing point and have had no luck finding replacements. I don't want to fabricate anything but if that is my only option I guess I'll have to do that.

Regards,
Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello DBrade and welcome to the forum. I know of the part that you are speaking of. There have been some reported breakage of these. One fix has been that people are adding an ordinary hinge on each end. This allows for everything to move and still support the wireway. You could also call Heartland Parts and buy a replacement.

Peace
Dave

talley

This item is a little pricy, having bought one. I have installed a proper size door hinge on others to join the two pieces where the break occurred. That fix had worked well.

Good luck

Jerry