unusual leak

rcox

about two weeks ago we had 2" of rain with very windy conditions. Next day I happened to walk under front of camper and noticed water dripping from around pin box. Checked front of roof at the cap and appeared to be no way water was entering there. Proceeded to empty closet and inspecting carpet for leaks. we also had hard freeze at same time. checked washer hook up and no leaks around it. my only conclusion is water could have blown under front a/c unit or at the marker lights. Continued to drip slowly for several hours. Could water have run on the vapor barrier to front of cap? At a loss of how it could have managed that. The washer hose mainly below where water was dripping. Anyone had similar problem or thoughts on this!

Bogie

The marker lights are a good possibility. They are just held in with a gasget and no caulking.

carl.swoyer

I'ts been going on since 2012.
I put rtv clear silicone on the top
cf4c64ec9f4433d6fb0cd50ac1993963.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Time to trade it for a Montana ! LOL Just kidding. Is '12 when LM changed their cap from the 365 "Lion" head to what you posted?

carl.swoyer

If you're asking me?
I believe that change was after my 2012 purchase

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

centerline

water can sometimes find its way in to the hitch area from improperly sealed trim down the sides of the cap, but more likely from the horizontal trim on the lower sides of the overhang....
another place to check for leaks from that area is where the top rain channel near the roof meets the front cap....