Water Leakage under subfloor above vapor barrier

frankguar

I can use some help. I purchased My 2018 Pioneer RG26 toy hauler August 2022. I have taken it on a few trips and am happy with it.

I load a Harley Davidson ultra limited motorcycle in it and it’s weight is about 850lbs. The floor by the ramp became soft after only a few trips.

Being handy and a retired tradesman decided to repair it myself. On 12/18/23 I rolled back the flooring. I found the ¾” particle board and under side of flooring to have black mold.

There was no visible dampness on the flooring or particle board. I cut the bad ¾ particle board out and found wet insulation and standing water on top of the vapor barrier. I tried using a garden hose to run water from all directions and could not find where the water is coming from. I last used the trailer 10/21/23.

It has been sitting in my driveway since. I have the tongue jack raised high. So the trailer is angled towards the rear. I haven’t had any water leaks, but I did over fill the freshwater tank before my last trip.

Anyone have any ideas where this leak could be coming from?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Dahillbilly

could be from any place, I've had two windows that leaked one down the wall & one inside the wall onto top of floor in garage. It's a tough job finding those leaks , took me lots of tsting with garden hose before I found mine. good luck

sengli

There are alot of places on that ramp door seal area that are prone to leaks. Heck a lot people on here that have the toy haulers, have had the door itself actually get rotted out due to water ingress.

ShannonQ

We don’t have a toy hauler BUT we do have the black mold, soft floor. It was only at the bottom, not the walls, windows etc. This was on a slide. We found out the water runs down the wall and instead of dripping down on the ground it wicks into the wood/flooring. Obviously a design flaw, maybe something like that is going on?