Unusual Tire Wear

jdfishing

I just noticed the driver's side rear tire is wearing on the inside very fast. The other tire on that axle is wearing normally. I do not believe the axle is bent and the suspension looks ok. Anyone experience one tire wearing on the inside?

jerryjay11

Repack bearings lately?

P.S. You may not believe the axle is bent doesn't mean it isn't. Doesn't take much of a bend to cause this wear.

MCTalley

I've had the same happen to one tire on our trailer, as well. Oddly enough, the wear was on both shoulders of the tire. Typically that means a tire was run underinflated, but we run our Sailuns at 110 psi all the way around. I also constantly monitor them with a TPMS. The bearings are serviced and in great shape. It was just weird.

Last summer, between having a tire plugged (it's now our spare) and having our wheels replaced by Tredit (due to two cracked rims in a row), we ended up moving that tire to another position and the former spare was placed into the wear position (front axle, door side). I'm now watching the tire placed into that position fairly carefully.

rhodies1

You could have a couple of issues causing the one tire to wear badly,it could be a camber issue on that spindle or you could have a spring that has lost it’s arc causing the issue.

MTPockets

Could be an uneven load. My front axle tires were beginning to show wear. I also was aware that the nose was slightly low. I adjusted my fifth wheel head to the next higher position, then moved the rear axle tires to the front and front to rear. After 4 yrs full time travel from FL to WA and all over West, no more wear. That small adjustment transferred some load, enough to make a difference.