Broken spring hanger

BGINTN

Hey All

Has anyone experienced this? I clipped a curb in a parking lot on the drivers side and this happened to the rear axle passenger side. 2019 Cyclone Toyhauler triaxle.

I found a welder to fix it, but wanted to guidance from the forum on how to check the final alignment before I get back on the road.

The drivers side frame mount is also bent 1/2” inward and not aligned with the front 2. But After reading several other threads this may not be a problem but that is where I’m going to start by straightening and lining up that mount with the front 2 mounts. Then weld the other side in the same spot as they broke off. Perhaps box it in as someone suggested on another thread.

Just curious about the final alignment and if there is anything else I should be looking for? Bent axle? - I can’t tell exactly in the current condition
Mis aligned axel on leaf spring? Again can’t tell at the moment.

FYI I just bought a 2024 GMC 3500 HD with 69 miles and was On its maiden test run of the truck and Curt Q25 5th wheel with the big rig in tow…. Dang nasty experience!

Attachments

• IMG_9159.jpeg
    IMG_9159.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9160.jpeg
    IMG_9160.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If it was my rig I would, and have, taken it to a big rig truck repair center.
They could weld square tube support across, hanger to hanger as well as do an alignment.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

We broke a hangar in June 2020 in Goshen, Ind. at the fairgrounds, while turning in the campground. The welder after rewelding the broken hangar added extra gussets to each of the hangars for me.
Later in October 2020 we had the MorRyde IS system installed at MorRyde in Elkhart.

BGINTN

We broke a hangar in June 2020 in Goshen, Ind. at the fairgrounds, while turning in the campground. The welder after rewelding the broken hangar added extra gussets to each of the hangars for me.
Later in October 2020 we had the MorRyde IS system installed at MorRyde in Elkhart.
That looks like an awesome system, but is the $12K worth it?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
morryde has x braces that attach to the hangers across the width of the frame
I have one on the rear set of hangers

david-steph2018

That looks like an awesome system, but is the $12K worth it?
Our IS system was $6500 for our tri-axle rig. We already had disc brakes, so MorRyde could transfer our disc brakes system to the IS System.
Is it worth it? For us, yes, we full time and it helps with the ride quality.

Gary521

morryde has x braces that attach to the hangers across the width of the frame
I have one on the rear set of hangers

I would put them on the front hangers and the equalizer hangers also. There is a video out that shows just how much all of these hangers flex going down the road.