Update for those keeping track

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Snuffy,

As far as the big picture the credit union told us that they wanted 20% down and would only finance for 60 months.

Now the part you are most interested in is the dealer. I have to say I don't know what happened but they have come full circle. Provided the saga last week never occured we would buy again. The actions of the GM will never be frogiven but I suppose all is well.

jimtoo

AS7074, that is great to hear. When will you take delivery and become an official Heartland Owner? And start having fun. :D

Jim M

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Well the 20 percent down is not our main concern it's the 60 months. I can't see paying $750 mo for a coach. I love camping and all but not that much. I think we picked a bad time to try this. We are not giving up yet. But the most important thing for me to get across is for whatever reason the dealer started cooperating. We don't know why we had such issues but they disappeared. Since I sorta drug them through the mud which at the time they deserved I feel it is important to let people know that things looked up here at the end.

snuffy

Well the 20 percent down is not our main concern it's the 60 months. I can't see paying $750 mo for a coach. I love camping and all but not that much. I think we picked a bad time to try this. We are not giving up yet. But the most important thing for me to get across is for whatever reason the dealer started cooperating. We don't know why we had such issues but they disappeared. Since I sorta drug them through the mud which at the time they deserved I feel it is important to let people know that things looked up here at the end.

Maybe they should remember the saying "you never get a second chance to make a first impression."

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
I bet you won't believe it... well maybe so but We have been wondering how can dealer get away with how we were being treated in the beginning. Well here is the answer. THEY CLOSED...GONE.. SEE YA...THAT'S THE GAME. One minute they were here then POOF gone. That folks would have been a handy piece of info to have right there. Oh well.

jbeletti

AS,

Sorry to hear about your deal now being DOA. Here's a link to some discussion of that CW over at RV.net.

I believe we will see more consolidation in the retail sector before we are out of this slump.

If you are still in the buying mood, please consider making a call (574-262-5992) on Monday morning to chat with Dave Willis, the new Sundance Brand Manager (John Leonard has taken on a new role at Heartland) and he can give you a suggestion on who the next closest dealer is that carries Sundance.

Jim

nscaler2

I bet you won't believe it... well maybe so but We have been wondering how can dealer get away with how we were being treated in the beginning. Well here is the answer. THEY CLOSED...GONE.. SEE YA...THAT'S THE GAME. One minute they were here then POOF gone. That folks would have been a handy piece of info to have right there. Oh well.
Thank your luck stars you didn't buy from them. The dealer we purchased from dropped out of sight about 4 months after we bought ours. Left us high and dry and a 200 mile drive to the next nearest dealer for warranty repairs. That is my biggest complaint with Heartland, that they don't better vet their dealers.:confused:

F

Ford20

I think that is might rude of AS7074 to find joy in the fact that the dealer closed. I was affiliated with that dealership and let me assure your that the dealership closed because of market conditions, not the way consumers were treated. It is truly a sad situation that the dealership had to be closed and that people with families to feed are now jobless. I think AS7074 needs the tell the entire story instead of blaming things entirely on the dealer!!! If anyone would like to hear i will share. We were totally thrown under the bus!!!

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
I think that is might rude of AS7074 to find joy in the fact that the dealer closed. I was affiliated with that dealership and let me assure your that the dealership closed because of market conditions, not the way consumers were treated. It is truly a sad situation that the dealership had to be closed and that people with families to feed are now jobless. I think AS7074 needs the tell the entire story instead of blaming things entirely on the dealer!!! If anyone would like to hear i will share. We were totally thrown under the bus!!!

I went back to read my post that I made about the Dealer closing. I am sorry I don't see that there was any joy in my statement. The statement was true the dealer did close. I was just making the point that selling me a camper and knowing the dealer was closing would have been bad. I did hear that some of the associates did transfer to other stores. See that's good news. And furthermore I gave props to CW when credit was due. Yes I frouned on this experience but I also let the people know when the good things were going on as well. Please be sure to include me when CW tells their side of the saga. My stance is that it is sad to see a dealer close. My sales person did fine. My problem in a nutshell was the GM and communication between us.

snuffy

I also did not see joy AS7074's statement, just a big surprise. There are usually some good employees affected by a few bad apples in any workplace. That's 2 Heartland dealers in Ga. out of business this year. I think the smaller dealers with low overhead may come out better.
I heard of a Chrysler dealer that had been in business for 66 years going under because his customers could not get loans.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I can relate. We bought our Big Horn in January and had several problems with it and multiple trips back to the dealer at almost 100 miles at my expense for repairs, some of which they never corrected and i did myself. Then in June when I needed even more work done, the dealer was out of business. Now I am left with trying to find a Heartland dealer to do warranty work. I think the closest one is over 150 miles away. :(

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Just a note to everyone, We purchased in August before the loan problems began and dealers closing. I too agree that AS7074 was not making light of their situation but was expressing only their feelings as to not being able to aquire the unit as promised. Here in the southeast region of Tennessee we have lost a lot of business's in the last year and a lot of jobs have gone. We are also lucky that VW has chosen us to build a plant in Chattanooga. Now if anyone is looking for a great dealer Northgate RV's in Ringgold Ga is the place to call. Good luck AS7074 on finding another unit. Call Northgate they have a big sale going on now and seem to be able to get loans processed. They have a website. and no I am not an employee or owner of it. Just a satisfied customer.

Edd and Janet

Must you have you your warranty work done at the dealer that you purchased the RV from? I thought we could go to any Heartland dealer and get the warranty work done; after all, Heartland reimburses the Heartland dealer anyway don't they?

cjbearden

Visitor
You do not have to go back to your dealer for warranty work. We have actually been to three different service departments since our purchase and been able to get great service with HL's approval. Any reputable HL dealer should follow protocol of first calling HL for approval to work on your coach. Even better, call HL customer service for them to provide you with a dealer name wherever you are located.

Shadowchek

This economic crisis is having a big effect on a lot of things it sure isn't plesant. In the mean time Just buckle up and smile. We are going camping. I'll see ya on the other side.

P.S.
I keep on hoping everytime I log on and see an extension to this thread AS7074 found a way to get his 5ver. We were turned down by the first couple of banks. Being self employed we thought we may have to wait a while and it didn't feel good. It all worked out for us and hope it does for them also. Good Luck. We are all pulling for ya.

Greg

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
This economic crisis is having a big effect on a lot of things it sure isn't plesant. In the mean time Just buckle up and smile. We are going camping. I'll see ya on the other side.

P.S.
I keep on hoping everytime I log on and see an extension to this thread AS7074 found a way to get his 5ver. We were turned down by the first couple of banks. Being self employed we thought we may have to wait a while and it didn't feel good. It all worked out for us and hope it does for them also. Good Luck. We are all pulling for ya.

Greg

Trying to get a loan right now bites. Few months ago no problems, now nadda.

Been trying to buy a medium duty truck to be able to transport 2 travel trailers at a time (haul one and tow the second) the last few weeks and dealers don't even want to submit a credit report and have actually been trying to talk me out of getting a loan or buying the truck :eek: I know I have a bankruptcy discharged 3 years ago but my score ain't bad. Never seen anything like this before at a stealership.

Getting tired of feeling like I'm being kicked in the teeth so I'm going to look at a '98 F-800 tomorrow I can pay cash for (what was going to be my down payment) and still be able to afford to stretch the frame, add a sleeper and build a tow haul body.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Credit

Granted, the economy is CTD and credit is tight, but we just bought a 2009 3670RL and got a loan at 6.14% for 15 years. Put $10K down, but a big chunk of that went to pay-off our trade-in travel trailer. Loan was obtained by dealer through Chemical Bank. There was no problem or extra paperwork to get the loan. Part of dealer's offer was to store unit until spring for us (don't have truck to pull it yet) and install some add-ons. This is our second purchase from this dealer.