Upgrading to wet bolt kit on dexter axle with correct track system?

NHCelt

Just need to check before upgrading my 2016 bighorn 7000 lb. axle suspension shackles to wet bolts.....can I use the standard Morryde wet bolt kit on my Dexter axles that have the Lippert correct track system installed?

Is there anything special about the install?

Thanks...

namgrunt51

I installed the Mor/Ryde Kit on my 2015 Landmark with 7K axles and the install went pretty easy. You might want to also think about the [h=1]MORryde UO21-003 X Factor Performance Crossmember, which is mounted between the suspension hangers.[/h] The shackle and wet bolt kit that I needed which is designed for the Correct Track system was:
UO12-029 Kit, Correct Track Tandem HDS

namgrunt51

The frame kit is new to me...what problems did it correct/prevent for you?

I installed my kit when I upgraded to Hydraulic Disc brakes. I figured while I had the axles torn down to the spindles it would be a good time to install the kit. I was surprised to find that my less than 2 year old unit, with only about 4000 miles on the suspension, already had significant wear on most of the plastic bushings that came standard from the factory. I originally decided to upgrade the with wet bolts and 1/2 inch shackles when I saw that some people were experiencing broken shackles and bent hangers. To help prevent the bent or broken hanger problem I installed the MORryde UO21-003 X Factor Performance Crossmember. With the ability to grease the wet bolts and brass bushings that come with the shackle kit the suspension will hopefully be less likely to fail. If you've never removed bushings before there are some YouTube videos that show some tricks to get the old bushing out. Hope this helps.....Keith