Use of this Girls Room or Ladies Room forum.

twohappycampers

Hello! I just now came across all this debating going on between people when this forum was first proposed, or started up. Now that I've been active here for a few months, I notice that really there are already forums set up for all the topics that could possibly come up, and that they're still what are most often used by us. I guess an overlap is what I'm talking about.

I, for one, am at a loss as to where to put my posts, sometimes, and although I know there is already an existing forum about that topic I'll post here because I'm a "girl" or "lady" or because I'm feeling too lazy to find the "right" place . Examples: recipes, use of appliances, cleaning, full-timing, etc.

So, what do you think, is there really a purpose to this forum? or is it confusing to people? :confused: Or should I just use it for every topic I think isn't "guy specific"? Really, isn't everything pretty well generic? And if a "girl" starts a topic that is boring or unimportant or whatever to a "guy", he doesn't have to read it or comment? and vice versa? I'm very much interested in what the guys have to say, and always read their posts. Not that I ever have anything to offer on the technical or whatever stuff, I often learn something, and pass on to my husband things I think he needs or would like to know. Or am I just starting the whole debate up again?

Anyone care to comment?

twohappycampers

I wish I could just delete all that I've just written on this. What was I thinking? must have had a brain fart. :eek: Really just meant to ask for some clarification on where to put my posts.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brain Farts are good. All that pressure has to go somewhere right?. I think you should post or start threads wherever you think they might fit best and get the attention you need to make an informed decision. I really didn't see the need for a "Girls Room" but what the heck. It's there to use if anyone sees the need.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I dont think this forum is about where you post, but just getting the info you need!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you hold a brain fart in, you'll burst your ear drums.

But, if you really post something out in left field, you can go back and delete the entire thing in the Edit mode. BTDT, and hope nobody saw it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just look at the Active topics drop down. I will get lured into a thread title and look to see what it's about. Then I notice, uh oh, I'm in the girls room. I feel like I just walked into the wrong restroom and I carefully back out hoping no one saw me.
I think this was mentioned in jest before, but seriously, why can't the print be in pink, or some other color? Trace

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
I'm a girl (I wish I still was) I work in an RV service center, know an awful lot about tech issues and owned a hot rod shop for 10 years. I also like to decorate and was a graphic artist by trade for 20 plus years. Imagine how confused I get!!!! LOL :)

twohappycampers

I'm a girl (I wish I still was) I work in an RV service center, know an awful lot about tech issues and owned a hot rod shop for 10 years. I also like to decorate and was a graphic artist by trade for 20 plus years. Imagine how confused I get!!!! LOL :)

:D as in IDENTITY CRISIS??

twohappycampers

I just look at the Active topics drop down. I will get lured into a thread title and look to see what it's about. Then I notice, uh oh, I'm in the girls room. I feel like I just walked into the wrong restroom and I carefully back out hoping no one saw me.
I think this was mentioned in jest before, but seriously, why can't the print be in pink, or some other color? Trace

You're TOO FUNNY!! :D Know what else is funny? All this time I thought "Trace" was short for "Tracy". So when you found yourself in the "girls room" :eek: maybe nobody even noticed?

forooasg

Yes, the forum thread is out of date, but I can see that you are starting to comment a little. Unfortunately, not many people visit the old forum threads. I went here because out of curiosity, but in fact, it seems to me that such forum threads are no longer interesting to anyone and they need to be automatically deleted, for example, after 5 years.

Last edited: