Ut oh!

Mark-Roberta 051995

I know this is a Dodge Ram but I opted for the rubber due to length on the rear. I am unsure if Ford has the same option. Mine is a '15 4x4 but you can clearly see the difference in the drop length. They have the Ram head logo in the center along with RAM on the bottom. Good luck on your new truck - those are very nice for sure.

IMG_0953.jpg

Sniper

Looks good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks Jerrod. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is a Dodge Ram but I opted for the rubber due to length on the rear. I am unsure if Ford has the same option. Mine is a '15 4x4 but you can clearly see the difference in the drop length. They have the Ram head logo in the center along with RAM on the bottom. Good luck on your new truck - those are very nice for sure.

View attachment 56895
Looking good! We may have to go for something like that. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a completely useless "mod" but sure makes the tailgate POP!!!

Ford Super Duty Trucks Tail Gate Chrome Letter Insert

View attachment 56896
Hey, as long as you like it and you're not hurting anyone else then it's not "completely" useless.;)

Sniper

Added EGR Hood Protector & Window Vents:

GEDC2110.jpg GEDC2111.jpg

Well made right here in the USA! The window vents were easy enough to install as was the hood protector but it is a bit more involved with a some side to side measuring that seem to test my OCD. :cool: Here is a link if you want to check them out. https://www.egrusa.com/d.egrusa/ :)

Sniper

Finally got to go on a a trip where I could do a good review of this new truck (sadly it's 10 months old already) :rolleyes:. Anyway, we just got back from a 3070 mile trip out west. There is just simply no comparison between this new truck and our "Old Faithful" 2001 F350. None! It's amazing how many of the things I said "I'll never use that in a million years"! was used constantly (think cooled seats). :cool: The real time traffic and being able to pull up the weather radar on the navigation system was something I would of NEVER imagined I'd ever use, was used frequently and very handy around the large metro areas. I also liked the fact that it was tracking the trailer miles, and perform a trailer light check. Amazing!
The performance of this truck is insane! On ramps and step grades mean nothing to it. It pulled our Cyclone like it was our 12 ft motorcycle trailer empty! In tow haul mode with the exhaust brake on with the cruise set I never had to touch the brake going down grades (unless I came upon a slower vehicle and couldn't change lanes of course). The first time it down shifted going downhill freaked me out, but after I got comfortable with letting the truck do it I settled down and enjoyed the ride. It also took me sometime to get used to the downshifting while applying the brakes with the exhaust brake on. Thought it was going to throw us thru the windshield the first time. :D
On our 3070 mile adventure I would set the cruise at 65 MPH on the Interstate. According to the computer it avg. 10.1 MPG, according to the Commanders calculations was actually 10.18 MPG for the trip. We used 5 gal. of DEF. It used no oil.
The truck lulled me tho with it's quietness and ride quality on smooth roads only to be shocked into reality and remembering we were traveling in a 1 ton pick-up truck and not the Commanders Lincoln on bridges, overpasses, and/or a rough patch and pot holes. (or the whole state of Indiana). :rolleyes: It also seemed to be on the overload springs awful quick. With the trailer hitched up they appeared to be already close to the bracket stops. Anyone notice this?:confused: She also got her name on this trip...Magnetic Mabel, and we love her!

Safe travels everyone! :)

Finally got to go on a a trip where I could do a good review of this new truck (sadly it's 10 months old already) :rolleyes:. Anyway, we just got back from a 3070 mile trip out west. There is just simply no comparison between this new truck and our "Old Faithful" 2001 F350. None! It's amazing how many of the things I said "I'll never use that in a million years"! was used constantly (think cooled seats). :cool: The real time traffic and being able to pull up the weather radar on the navigation system was something I would of NEVER imagined I'd ever use, was used frequently and very handy around the large metro areas. I also liked the fact that it was tracking the trailer miles, and perform a trailer light check. Amazing!
The performance of this truck is insane! On ramps and step grades mean nothing to it. It pulled our Cyclone like it was our 12 ft motorcycle trailer empty! In tow haul mode with the exhaust brake on with the cruise set I never had to touch the brake going down grades (unless I came upon a slower vehicle and couldn't change lanes of course). The first time it down shifted going downhill freaked me out, but after I got comfortable with letting the truck do it I settled down and enjoyed the ride. It also took me sometime to get used to the downshifting while applying the brakes with the exhaust brake on. Thought it was going to throw us thru the windshield the first time. :D
On our 3070 mile adventure I would set the cruise at 65 MPH on the Interstate. According to the computer it avg. 10.1 MPG, according to the Commanders calculations was actually 10.18 MPG for the trip. We used 5 gal. of DEF. It used no oil.
The truck lulled me tho with it's quietness and ride quality on smooth roads only to be shocked into reality and remembering we were traveling in a 1 ton pick-up truck and not the Commanders Lincoln on bridges, overpasses, and/or a rough patch and pot holes. (or the whole state of Indiana). :rolleyes: It also seemed to be on the overload springs awful quick. With the trailer hitched up they appeared to be already close to the bracket stops. Anyone notice this?:confused: She also got her name on this trip...Magnetic Mabel, and we love her!

Safe travels everyone! :)

Wow, nice. Sounds like a blast!

For the suspension thing, maybe get some rear air installed. It won't soften the ride,but you could bring the truck back to level and not be riding right over your overload springs. I have the self-leveling rear air on my RAM and it keeps me level. When I unhook, it dumps the air until the truck reaches the regular unloaded height again. There are aftermarket systems that can do the same thing for you. Just a thought!

Glad the trip went well!

Ken

jbeletti

Sniper - what about the Adaptive Cruise Control? One of my favorite features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

Sniper - what about the Adaptive Cruise Control? One of my favorite features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ours does not have adaptive cruise Jim. I was still amazed at how well it maintained a set speed going down hill. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, nice. Sounds like a blast!

For the suspension thing, maybe get some rear air installed. It won't soften the ride,but you could bring the truck back to level and not be riding right over your overload springs. I have the self-leveling rear air on my RAM and it keeps me level. When I unhook, it dumps the air until the truck reaches the regular unloaded height again. There are aftermarket systems that can do the same thing for you. Just a thought!

Glad the trip went well!

Ken
Well the truck does set level with the trailer hitched up, but I probably will put bags or a set of Tembrens on it. Those Helpers even seem to be close to the bracket stops un-loaded. I'm not complaining tho, love this thing. LOL :D

Kbvols

I just put airbags on my truck what a difference they made in the ride. Get the commander to approve a set and bring to OH rally we'll get put on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

I just put airbags on my truck what a difference they made in the ride. Get the commander to approve a set and bring to OH rally we'll get put on!

I'd not only need the Commander's ok, I'd need her credit card too. Pretty sure i won't get both. :D

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Sounds like a good time and lots of cool features. I was just talking to the rv park manager here and he turned his adaptive cruise off here in Houston cause every time someone merged in front of him the truck would nose dive to open the gap and scare him to death.
I really wanted the feature but the heavy duty Rams don’t have it yet. Just the new 1500.

Sniper

Preparing to mount the latest "command approved" accessory. :)

20190412_162918.jpg

55" x 21" x 18-1/4" wedge chest box. The bottom of the wedge is 17-3/8" manufactured by UWS https://www.uwsta.com/part/EC20302 however I purchased it from Rock Auto. I'm not 100% sure how I'll mount it yet, but I'm thinking of using rivnuts. :confused:

Sniper

Steve,
Looks like the Commander is spoiling you. Please have her talk to Darlene.

Nick
Well Nick, she didn't spoil me that much. I had to buy it, she just approved it. I forwarded your request for you tho. Good luck. LoL

Kbvols

Steve,
Looks like the Commander is spoiling you. Please have her talk to Darlene.

Nick

Steve, Don’t feel sorry for Nick....Dar bought an air fryer and has been spoiling the he!! Out of him.

avvidclif

Every time my DW says go ahead and buy that "whatever" I try to figure out what she's "jonesing" for and how much it's going to cost me. Sounds like someone is getting set up. :rolleyes:

Sniper

Steve, Don’t feel sorry for Nick....Dar bought an air fryer and has been spoiling the he!! Out of him.

Poor Nick. Having it rough isn't he? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Every time my DW says go ahead and buy that "whatever" I try to figure out what she's "jonesing" for and how much it's going to cost me. Sounds like someone is getting set up. :rolleyes:
Hmm...I wondered why she had a new Lincoln Nautilus product information book laying on the table. :eek:

Sniper

Mounted our new tool chest. Used 4 ea. 1/4-20 aluminum threaded nut inserts/rivets. Make sure you trim the rubber bed coating down to the actual bed the circumference of the head of the threaded insert so it will secure properly. I won't lie, I was nauseated at the thought of drilling into the aluminum bed of our truck, but the threaded inserts look like they came from the factory. I used 1" 1/4-20 bolts with lock and fender washers with a 1" rubber washer.

20190415_144110.jpg

20190413_133045.jpg

20190413_135033.jpg

20190413_153107.jpg

20190413_155825.jpg

20190416_151542.jpg

20190416_151627.jpg

20190413_160056.jpg

All secure. :cool:

Bones

Sniper,
The mods look real good. I'm sure you will love having the tool box there to use and keep some spare parts around. I like you Nutsert install