Verizon or AT&T for Internet Service

Which Internet Service do you use?

• Total voters

danemayer

Until recently I had an iPhone 3GS with AT&T and a Verizon MiFi, so I could compare data connections in various places. Where both had 3G data connections, the Verizon connection was always faster by 2-3X (measured on speedtest.net). Often, Verizon would have a 3G connection but AT&T would have only the very slow Edge or no connection. I couldn't compare 4G because the 3GS iPhone doesn't support, but Verizon continues to be way ahead of AT&T in rolling out 4G/LTE service. The difference between networks was so significant that I switched the phone service to Verizon and got a 4G phone.

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
An update of sorts. We've had the Verizon Mifi4510 since last fall. In central WI it was terrible. There is an area that Verizon provides "Extended Service". Wisconsin Rapids is smack in the middle of this little block and we just happen to live there.:( Throughout the 2011=2012 winter in FL we had no issues and decent speed both 3G and 4G. Now we're back in Rapids and nothing has changed, still bad Verizon Wireless. I will probably suspend service for the mifi and subscribe to a local provider for reliable Internet. Otherwise, Life is Good!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've had Verizon cell phones forever and got the Verizon 4510 MiFi unit last year. I recently used it in Calumet, MI, where cell service is iffy, but the MiFi hooked right up. Used it last fall in Myrtle Beach, again, no problems. It worked great all last summer at our seasonal site. Beats hooking up to any "free WiFi," and sharing bandwidth with the world. I'm at home right now and using it because the Comcast cable modem we have it acting squirrelly again this morning. For what they charge for internet, I'm seriously thinking of dumping the internet from our service.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have ATT broadband usb card and Verizon on our Zoom notepad. Both work great but in some places att won't work and verizon will and in others verizon won't work and att will. that is why we have both. Same with our phones, I have att and DW has Verizon.

Just changed over to Verizon from AT&T. We got new Droid phones and also picked up the WiFi4620l Jetpack for the internet, and so far it is great.
I understand the WiFi4620l Jetpack just came on the market.
I will be dropping my Comcast internet service very soon now.
I presently have Comcast disconnected to test out the Jetpack system and so far I have been impressed with the performance.
I'm looking forward to traveling with this system and not have to put up with RV Park WiFi.
Time will tell.

Hockster

=================================================================================================================================