Viair 400p-rv sale

Oregon_Camper

I also just ordered one. $139.97. Thanks for the info.

This will come with a carrying bag, but for me the best choice was to take all the components out of the bag and then I was able to store the pump under the backseat.

We just found the bag again yesterday while cleaning the garage and my wife said..."Hey, should use this to carry our Bocce Balls"....perfect!

WillyBill

Even if they did bring out a newer model...how much more can it do to justify the increase of $150 (back to original $299 price)

If you want one...need one...thinking about one...want to gift one to a friend...get this one now before it is too late.

Ours works great and I WISH I only paid $139 for it. :rolleyes:

Fresh link to Amazon in case you don't want to Google it.

@OregonCamper,

My trailer is a triple axle Cyclone with "G" LR Sailun tires. How long would it take for the $139 Compressor with a duty cycle of 33% to add 10 lbs to all 6 tires plus spare like is required when colder weather sets in in the fall and still observe the duty cycle rating? (Pump 5 minutes, wait 10 minutes - 15 X 7 = 105 Minutes) I'm wondering if the time makes the extra $110 odd dollars worth it for the 450P-RV instead? You have been around a while - what is your opinion please?

Thanks,

WB

Oregon_Camper

@OregonCamper,

My trailer is a triple axle Cyclone with "G" LR Sailun tires. How long would it take for the $139 Compressor with a duty cycle of 33% to add 10 lbs to all 6 tires plus spare like is required when colder weather sets in in the fall and still observe the duty cycle rating? (Pump 5 minutes, wait 10 minutes - 15 X 7 = 105 Minutes) I'm wondering if the time makes the extra $110 odd dollars worth it for the 450P-RV instead? You have been around a while - what is your opinion please?

Thanks,

WB

Their online literature isn't the best. :confused:

I can tell you I used this compressor to top off all my tires (4) to 110 (varied from 95-100 starting point) in less than a minute per tire. The way I read the 33% is run for 10 mins...wait 30. Which is MORE than enough time to top off my tires.

The compressor also comes with a thermal breaker, so if you do exceed it's run limit, it will automatically shut down. I highly doubt you will ever have this happen...unless maybe you're going from a flat (like 0 PSI) and trying to get to 110.

I really like this compressor, but if spending an extra $100 to move to the next model makes you feel more confident in your purchase, then by all means, get the 450P-RV.

FWIW....If mine were stolen and I had to replace it, I would still go with this model, I would not spend the extra $100 for the next model up.

Update...just found this comparison. The increase is CFM between them is significant.

Model 400 P-RV Automatic-
Duty cylce = 33% (can run for 10 minutes then must rest for 30 minutes)
CFM = 2.54 CFM
Advantage = greater CFM
Disadvantage = shorter duty cylce
Max amp draw = 30 amps

Model 450 P Automatic-
Duty cycle = 100% (can run continuously without stopping)
CFM = 1.66 CFM
Advantage = 100% duty cyle
Disadvantage = Lower CFM
Max Amp draw = 20 amps

WillyBill

400P-RV Ordered.

DW don't know yet. I will ask for forgiveness later. If it works for her on shopping and getting a savings then it should work for me too, don't ya' think?:p

PS....Used some off my savings on this to buy the Oxygenics shower head I've been wanting (DW wanted it too-she just doesn't know it yet. LOL)

WB

Dennyha

As I posted earlier, I bought one of these Viairs after reading they were on sale at Amazon. Upon receipt, I checked out the parts, and placed the bag into my basement storage.

Well, on another thread, I had explained that I had a cracked valve stem on one of my tires. I took the tire in to my local retailer and he installed a new valve stem. Today, we hitched up to leave for the weekend, and after dropping the leveling gear, I noticed the sidewall of this tire bulging out. I grabbed the pressure gauge, and sure enough, the retailer had only filled my 110 psi tire to 50 psi. I grabbed my newly acquired Viair, and pumped the tire up from 50 psi to 110 psi. Even with the 33% duty cycle, it pumped continuously 50 up to 110 psi. I never dreamed I'd need it so soon after buying it.

I'm so glad I read this thread last weekend.

Oregon_Camper

As I posted earlier, I bought one of these Viairs after reading they were on sale at Amazon. Upon receipt, I checked out the parts, and placed the bag into my basement storage.

Well, on another thread, I had explained that I had a cracked valve stem on one of my tires. I took the tire in to my local retailer and he installed a new valve stem. Today, we hitched up to leave for the weekend, and after dropping the leveling gear, I noticed the sidewall of this tire bulging out. I grabbed the pressure gauge, and sure enough, the retailer had only filled my 110 psi tire to 50 psi. I grabbed my newly acquired Viair, and pumped the tire up from 50 psi to 110 psi. Even with the 33% duty cycle, it pumped continuously 50 up to 110 psi. I never dreamed I'd need it so soon after buying it.

I'm so glad I read this thread last weekend.

....and think of the wife points you just banked!! You're like..."what...this silly thing? I picked it up a while back"....Hehehehehehehe

WillyBill

400P-RV Ordered.

DW don't know yet. I will ask for forgiveness later. If it works for her on shopping and getting a savings then it should work for me too, don't ya' think?:p

PS....Used some off my savings on this to buy the Oxygenics shower head I've been wanting (DW wanted it too-she just doesn't know it yet. LOL)

WB

Viair arrived. The shower head was the deal maker for DW. Therefor I didn't even get any flak about the Viair plus my "if it saves even one tire" logic made sense to her. Plus my tired old shop compressor just wouldn't get the 6 Sailun tires above 100 psi and now they are all at 112 psi and looking much happier.:D Note: The plastic Oxygenics hose will not scratch my shower surround like the metal one the trailer came with was doing - just a nice bonus.

WB