Vibrations when AC is running

Canecrazy

I traded in a Glendale Titanium for a brand new Bighorn...New unit has 2 15000 AC whisper units and doesn't cool as well as I would have thought..But that isn't the issue..When I sit on the couch all I feel is the vibration of the unit...If the unit is off, there is no vibration....Had the Glendale for 13 years with single AC unit, same size at 40 feet...Never felt the vibration like I feeling with The Bighorn. I am assuming this in not normal, can anyone shed any light on this?? I can actually watch a glass filled with water on the counter have ripples.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! I am not an A/C tech, but sounds to me like there is something (like the fan) that is off balance. I would speak to the dealer and/or manufacturer of the A/C unit. Maybe even shoot a video of it "making waves" to show them.

avvidclif

Check for a dirt dauber nest on the fan blades of the one vibrating. If it's been sitting for a while very likely.

Canecrazy

Check for a dirt dauber nest on the fan blades of the one vibrating. If it's been sitting for a while very likely.

brand new unit, so how long it has been sitting is beyond me....Thank you for the tip...I will post what I find out...First, I need to hope this dang hurricane does't do any damage before I get my maiden voyage in. Currently in Ft Myers, FL

mlpeloquin

Check your insurance policy and call your insurance company. If you have warning time such as a hurricane vs tornato, most require you to get it out of harms way.

Bobby A

brand new unit, so how long it has been sitting is beyond me....Thank you for the tip...I will post what I find out...First, I need to hope this dang hurricane does't do any damage before I get my maiden voyage in. Currently in Ft Myers, FL

I have had the TV on the Weather channel for the last 3 days all day, all night, getting ready to head to Port Richey, Fl. on Tuesday. Be safe and keep an eye on the sky!!

Canecrazy

Welcome to the forum! I am not an A/C tech, but sounds to me like there is something (like the fan) that is off balance. I would speak to the dealer and/or manufacturer of the A/C unit. Maybe even shoot a video of it "making waves" to show them.

Excellent thought...I filmed the bottle water sitting the counter with the ripples...sent to dealer, waiting for a response. Thank you for the suggestion