Virginia and rain

Gas20

Still on the road I-95 , still raining, rained all day and Sunday afternoon all afternoon. We are at the Va. and N.C. State line, got about 70 miles to go, the dear wife is driving now and doing pretty good, a little slow but is ok with the rain. Saw some big horns and big country's this trip, lots of rain.

FiremanBill

It has rained so much here this year that I would be willing to sell my Cyclone and put those funds towards building an ARK!

I am so sick of rain...

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Raining like crazy here in Chesapeake. Sure hope all this crap blows through before the Virginia HOC rally. Oh, wait, Eric is in charge of weather, so we won't have to worry will we??

wino2

Sorry to hear that you are sick of the rain. I for one would welcome it here in California, even when it rains our freeways become a big nightmare. We have already had a few bad fires and it is not even fire season yet. They are already predicting this will probably be one of our worst fire seasons. Every year Los Angeles County leases the Super Scoopers from Quebec, at a cost of millions of dollars. They usually aren't here until September. So let it rain, rain, in California

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
THANK YOU Santa, NO pressure here being put in charge of the weather! Oh well, a little to early for the forecast, so here is my prediction ...

Warm and balmy with temperatures in the low 80's. Abundant sunshine, and should there be any precipitation, it will be called LIQUID SUNSHINE!!:cool:

VAbow

Va has to run out of the "R" stuff at some point. Might as well take a break during the rally. Sorry about the rainy drive Gas20. Second the "Let it RAIN in Ca." Stay safe wino2

FiremanBill

Sorry to hear that you are sick of the rain. I for one would welcome it here in California, even when it rains our freeways become a big nightmare. We have already had a few bad fires and it is not even fire season yet. They are already predicting this will probably be one of our worst fire seasons. Every year Los Angeles County leases the Super Scoopers from Quebec, at a cost of millions of dollars. They usually aren't here until September. So let it rain, rain, in California

I feel for you out that way, as a Firefighter I certainly know the challenges of wildland firefighting. tough duty for sure. The weather always leaves us wanting more, or less, of something for sure.

Gas20

Made it safely to Ashland just north of Richmond, stopped raining about half an hour south of Richmond and at this time it still has not rained again but very cloudy. Other than that it is good weather, kind of cool. Feels good to get here. Tired from driving in the rain.

FiremanBill

I went running this afternoon. I did 8 miles and started off in the rain, then the sun came out for a while, then the winds really picked up, then it clouded up again, and then it rained again right at the end.

Typical spring/summer day in Virginia.

VKTalley

So....you are telling me that I can expect to get rained on when Malcolm and I roll into Newport News, VA, tomorrow afternoon. So much for a sunny beachy trip....;)

FiremanBill

So....you are telling me that I can expect to get rained on when Malcolm and I roll into Newport News, VA, tomorrow afternoon. So much for a sunny beachy trip....;)

It's supposed to clear up tomorrow, only a 20% chance of isolated t-storms after noon. high in the mid 70's so you should have an awesome day...

Are you staying at Newport News Park? We live in Yorktown, just to the Left of Newport News as you head down 64.

VKTalley

Fireman Bill,
We are staying at Holiday Travel Park in Virginia Beach. Malcolm has family in the Newport News area that we will be visiting.

VKTalley

Thanks, Bill! We had a very relaxing evening walking on the beach/boardwalk with dinner at Ocean Eddie's Resturant which is on a pier good food and great views.