Visor?? Keeping water out of rear outside pantry 3300CK

Earl_Max

I'm hunting for a solution to keep water out of the rear outside pantry door. In heavy rains water comes down the side and invariably ends up on the floor back there.
Myself and the dealer have taken turns trying to correct the seal, but what it really needs is a "visor" / gutter over this area. I'd like one over the outside kitchen door as well.

Any leads on a parts source or pictures of possible fixes would be appreciated.
Warranty is up, time for me to start fixing things RIGHT.

CarterKraft

I have the exact item in my head but can't find the item premade on the web...

My thinking is something like this, AVS Windflector http://www.lundinternational.com/pr...w-deflectors/windflector/?brand=#.U1byU1VhzN0.

The lower profile style on the bottom in the correct width would be my suggestion, although I personaly would just make one out of aluminum or stainless that was in a L shape to shield the leading edge and top for better protection in transit.

CarterKraft

I really like that stuff thanks for sharing that link. We have some new service truck beds that could really use something like that. They even have it in black.which would look good on my trailer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Earl_Max

Well I went all in and opted for standard RV gutter.
Hated to drill holes, but I wanted a factory style fix that would last. Les than fifty bucks. for everything to complete the installation.
It has spouts on both ends, but is angled to favor drainage to the rear of the coach.

Attachments

• 2014-05-04 19.33.31.jpg
    2014-05-04 19.33.31.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 78

CarterKraft

Sometimes it's just worth the extra effort. It looks great and should solve all your issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

sjs731

Our 2012 3300CK had that gutter on it. I wonder if newer models didn't have it or if they forgot to put it on yours?

Steve and Carrie
HOC#2252
Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Earl_Max

SJS,

Very interesting.
I did a search and found the 11's with the gutters and hit and miss on the '12's. None on the 13's
Here is a picture I found of a 2011
f_230205467-ff65c0ff.jpg

Looks like a running change in early 2012.
Wow, looks almost exactly what I installed.....guess I'm in the wrong industry!
They also deleted the toybox in the bunkhouse on my '13.

HEY HEARTLAND PUT IT BACK ON!!!!!!!!!! SOGGY CARDBOARD AND WARPED FAKE WOOD SUCKS!!!!

sjs731

Earl, I wasn't positive what exactly you meant when you first posted but when you provided pictures I found it odd you didn't have the gutter. Our rig is the exact same as the '11 you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earl_Max

Well kids it looks like a success.
Several storms have rolled through and not a drop of water enterred the outside pantry and I did not even bother to lock it.
I highly recommend this modification if you have a 3300CK. (Is it a modification if the factory used to do it?)

Last edited by a moderator:

olcoon

I've got a similar problem on the door side basement door. It doesn't always leak, and it's only leaked while parked. The dealer tried to fix it, I've tried to fix it, and the service team has tried to fix it while at a rally, and it still leaks. It's leaked enough in the past 3 years, that now I'm going to have to replace the floor of the tool box area in the basement. That looks like it "may" take care of the issue. Where did you find it?

Earl_Max

I just went to my RV dealer and requested a 9' length of gutter and EVERYTHING I would need to install it.
They had several pieces of take-offs that could have been had for cheap, but I thought $17 was pretty ok for new...LOL.
My total was less than $50, but I already had the grey putty tape.

1. Aluminum gutter (without provisions for awning)
2. Proper type of caulk for the job
3. Roll of grey putty chewing gum type stuff.
4. Gutter spouts
5. Roll of vinyl trim that slides in gutter to cover screws
6. Enough screws to do the job.

Additional:
Masking tape
level
ladder
Sharpie
pencil
cordless drill
alcohol, both kinds
rags
more rags

wdk450

I've got a similar problem on the door side basement door. It doesn't always leak, and it's only leaked while parked. The dealer tried to fix it, I've tried to fix it, and the service team has tried to fix it while at a rally, and it still leaks. It's leaked enough in the past 3 years, that now I'm going to have to replace the floor of the tool box area in the basement. That looks like it "may" take care of the issue. Where did you find it?

I still think this flexible rubber self-adhesive gutter material is a minimal labor fix, and you can curl it from the top down along the sides of the hatch opening some to eliminate the need for plastic gutters that stick out and break off: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/eze-rv-gutter-system10-package-ultra-white/16962

Earl_Max

Bill,
That's a definate option for those that don't want to pop a bunch of holes in the side or just want to "prove" that a gutter would fix the water problem.
When it comes to dealing with water issues, ALL options are on the table.

Myself, I did not want to deal with any adhesion issues down the road and the install looks factory (more so than I expected).

KS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: