Voyager WVOS511 Digital Wireless Observation System

truknutt

Committed Member
Just finished installing the Voyager Wireless backup camera on the Cyclone. Easy install; not one cuss word was uttered during the install! The hardest thing for me was bringing myself to drill a 3/4" hole in the ol' girl's exterior; after that it was "game on"!

Now I can see what I'm about to back over, and in color to boot!!

Voyager Wireless Observation System by ASA Electronics

Where did you purchase yours? Is the signal strong where it doesn't fade in and out?
I don't mind spending the money if it does the job as advertised.

ce

FRANKV

For those interested, they also make a camera-less system (WVRXVAMTC or WVRXCAM1) that can be used with an existing monitor in your truck (requires external video input). Costs less, best price I've found is at rvcams. One disadvantage of these wireless digital cams from Voyager is the reduced viewing angle (117 vs 150 degrees on their other cams).

Dave, how well does the cam work for observing traffic behind you while driving? That would be my main use.

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey guys here are some shots I took today going up I-81. The marks on the right side of monitor are Sharpie marks for 10, 25 & 50 feet, respectively.

The image is NOT reversed as you sit in the seat LOOKING FORWARD. The cars are coming up the hammer lane on my left just as the image shows and the white line of the road is on my right side.

If you were looking out the back window going down the road, it would be reversed ...and you wouldn't need the camera in the first place!!

The blue box with the "T" in it is the signal strength: "T", "Ti", "Tii", & "Tiii" are all you get. Notice pic #1 is at the lowest signal strength. I'd say the camera is about 40-45 feet away from the monitor in my application.

Volume has to me turned all the way down as all you hear is wind noise. Halfway up and I can hear DW muttering under her breath at me when she's back there!! :^)

Attachments

• VoyagerView3.jpg
    VoyagerView3.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 129
  • VoyagerView2.JPG
    VoyagerView2.JPG
    684.9 KB · Views: 115
  • VoyagerView.JPG
    VoyagerView.JPG
    707.1 KB · Views: 106

truknutt

Committed Member
Later I plan to install another camera in the Cyclone's garage and tie it into the existing monitor.